Perform patient care under the direction of a Registered Nurse. Provide care for patients according to the standards of care specific to age, from pediatric to geriatric, and the individual’s needs.
- Understand the live BAMC’s mission and values.
- Assist in providing for activity of daily living.
- Report any observations, unusual occurrences or changes in the condition of the patient to the Registered Nurse.
- Works effectively as a team member on the delivery of care.
- Documents appropriate information accurately in the patient record.
- Communicate pertinent information regarding patient, physician, personnel concerns, and unit activities to the RN.
- Maintain good working relationship among all nursing unit personnel and other hospital employees through appropriate communication.
- Assures responsibility for own personal growth.
- Floats as requested to other departments according to float policy.
- Promote and maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to complete the physical, sensory and mental requirements of the position.
- Perform customer service best practices of: AIDET and Hourly Rounding.
- Assist in providing for activity of daily living for pediatric patients after completing the pediatric orientation package.
- With specialized training and documentation, may perform additional and specialized task pertinent to assigned area.
- Participates in hospital wide and/or department specific committees.
- Additional duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
- May give direct care to pediatric patient after completing the pediatric orientation.
- All full/part time to participate in on-call rotation