Great new Career Opportunity in Hospice!
Now Hiring - Full-time Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) -
Openings in Overland Park, K.S territory and Lee's Summit, M.O territory
Open to Dually certified candidates (CHHA and CNA) for both states M.O and K.S
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Ascend Hospice - is part of the Ascend family of Healthcare Companies. Our mission is to define excellence within the health care community. We are dedicated to inspiring people to live better lives through innovative health and wellness programs, products and services. We treat residents, their families and each other with respect, dignity and compassion. Through a collaborative and consultative approach, we strive to provide a framework of strength and stability for our patients, families and associates. We work to maintain the highest standards of care and service for our patients, families and valued employees.
We are proud to Offer:
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Opportunities to advance and grow your career
- And More!
If working with people who are dedicated, compassionate, and concerned about their patients is essential to you, then you'll appreciate being a part of our team. We've built a strong reputation on the outstanding level of care that we provide.
Ascend Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This Certified Nursing Assistant will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Provides or assists in ADL activities; personal hygiene, grooming, mouth, skin care and nails.
- Provides assistance in toileting; positioning and transfer activities, frequent turning and positioning of a bed bound resident/patient.
- Assists with the prescribed exercise and ROM activities which the resident/patient and Hospice aide have been taught by the Hospice Nurse.
- Assists with light housekeeping of individual's personal unit or room, including changing of bed linen, if needed and patient laundry.
- Feeds and assists with meals.
- Obtains temperature, pulse and respirations as supervised by the Hospice Nurse.
- Reports any changes in resident's/patient's condition to the Hospice Nurse and, if in a facility, to the facility nurse and documents the information on the Home Health Aide Certification of House form, including the date and time of the report and the person receiving the information.
- Assists or reminds the patient to take medication, in compliance with regulations of appropriate regulatory and accrediting bodies.
High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have a M.O or KS State Certified CNA license
- Dually certified candidates (CHHA and CNA) for both M.O and K.S are welcome
- Experience in hospice or home health, preferred
- 1 - 2+ years preferred
- Must be willing to travel, road warrior
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation