Position Summary: Spring Cottage Care Partner providesassistance to residents in the Spring Cottage Program with their activities ofdaily living and with recreation programming, enabling residents to lead aquality life while maintaining their dignity. Spring Cottage Care Partner works with Spring Cottage care team toimplement Spring Cottage Program Standards, policies & procedures, and the residentcentered Alzheimer and Dementia care philosophy. This position reports to the Director ofResident Care.
- Provides assistance to residents with dementia with bathing, grooming, dressing, escort service, dining, and other activities of daily living; including light housekeeping and laundry service as needed.
- Provides emotional and social support to residents.
- Serves as the staff and family resource when the Director of Resident Care is unavailable or away from the building.
- Meets on a regular basis with the Director of Resident Care to review any resident, family, & staff issues or concerns.
- Accesses and uses care plans daily and immediately submits changes to appropriate personnel.
- Adheres to departments documentation standards.
- Knows, understands, and adheres to resident right.
- Abide by all health and safety regulations and community standards.
- Meets on a regular basis with the Spring Cottage interdisciplinary team to review the on-going progress and implementation of resident care needs and services.
- Engages in and provides assistance in recreations with residents. This may include structured planned or spontaneous Life/Work Access activities.
- Is familiar with emergency equipment and procedures.
- Attends all required training, in-services, and staff meetings.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, the achievement of safe working practices, and by practicing proper infection control measures.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of company.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.