Zip Code: 32934
Pediatric Services of America, Inc.
Location Job Description
PPEC Center Assistant
Description of Responsibilities
Provides direct care to selected children and age appropriate learning opportunities under the direct supervision of a nurse.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Bathe, feed, change diapers on infants.
- Assist with meal preparation and feeding. (PO and tube)
- Prepare formula.
- Obtain measurements: weight, head circumference, height, abdominal girth.
- Use good body mechanics in performing care.
- Maintain I & O records.
- Provide play opportunities and other experiences which encourage the child's development and mastery of fine motor, gross motor, and cognitive skills.
- Use patient equipment.
- Participate in inservices and patient care meetings when appropriate.
- Adhere to infection control policies and isolation techniques.
- Wash dishes, clean toys and equipment, change linens, do laundry.
- Chart in clinical notes- cosigned by RN.
- Be aware of and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reference documenting skill in the care of infants and toddlers.
- Current Basic Life Support Certification
- Completion of skills competency check off.
- One year experience or per state regulations
- Frequent walking, climbing stairs.
- Repeated or prolonged standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Occasional rapid movement and physical agility in response to the spontaneity of children and those patients with neurological impairment.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling, up to 25 lbs.
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Transferring, or repositioning patients, alone or with assistance, for feeding, dressing, bathing, or rendering treatment.
- Must be able to see and hear to monitor lights, sounds and alarms on equipment.
- Must have sufficient strength and manual dexterity to safely operate equipment, including grasping and manipulating small objects.
- Must be able to discern changes in temperature or texture by touch.
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations in the center. This may require physical strength, agility, and ability to function under stressful circumstances to evacuate a patient, to provide physical support to the suddenly weak or disabled patient, or to perform one-man CPR for a prolonged period .
- Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to communicable disease, latex, or other sources of allergic response and that cannot always be controlled by the employer.
- Must be able to wear a TB respirator and other personal protective equipment as needed.
Requisition ID: R0007751