A key member of the Rehab Services professional staff responsible for providing clinically competent evaluations and/or treatment programs for all assigned patients, and for documenting care according to departmental standards. Represents Via Christi within the community.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions: Other duties may be assigned. Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Demonstrates knowledge of injury, illness or disability of patient population served.
- Demonstrates clinical competency and performance in the following:
- equipment/modalities used in treatment;
- documentation and charging according to departmental standards;
- meets productivity standards as set per clinical area.
- Provides professional education to students, staff and the public.
This job has no management responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
- Associates degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school or a bachelor’s degree from a 4 year college. Graduate of an approved occupational therapist assistant’s program.
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Via Christi Health.
- Demonstrates good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrates adaptability and willingness to embrace change as the business environment warrants
- Demonstrates appropriate interpersonal skills with patients, family, staff and others.
- Demonstrates and promotes teamwork by displaying flexibility and a willingness to assist coworkers and other departmental service areas or locations as requested, showing respect and cooperation with all departments and individuals.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situation.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have a Kansas license and/or national license, registration, or certification appropriate to professional credentials. CPR certification required within 60 days of employment.
- VCH-P: Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers offered by the American Heart Association or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer offered by the Red Cross received within 30 days from date of hire.
Via Christi Villages / Ascension Living is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.