The CEO provides leadership and direction for the overall operation of the hospital. Plans, directs and coordinates the development of short and long range objectives; is responsible for achieving the organization’s financial and non-financial goals.
- Coordinates the activities of senior executives and works with them to develop short and long range objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures that policies are uniformly understood and consistently interpreted and administered.
- Establishes the organization hierarchy and delegates limits of authority to subordinates executives; prescribes the specific limitations of the authority of subordinates regarding policies, contractual commitments, expenditures and personal actions.
- Reviews and approves all financial reports, budgets, managed care contracts and major expenditures; directs, establishes, reviews, and adjusts charges for services; and maintains accreditation and licensure standards of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospital Organizations, Medicare, Medicaid, state licensure, regulatory agencies, and similar organizations.
- Analyzes operating results of the organization and its principal components relative to established objectives and ensures that appropriate steps are taken to correct unsatisfactory conditions.