The Discharge Planner is responsible for planning and coordinating activities related to discharge planning. Developing and implementing a plan of care designed to meet the patient’s post hospitalization needs while ensuring continuity of care. No supervisory function.
- Communicate with referral source within the first 24 hours of admission.
- With assistance from the Care Center, social workers, and nursing identify all outside professionals currently working with the patient so that appropriate discharge plans can be completed and facilitates appropriate patterns of communication to minimize duplication.
- Oversees the tasks of continued communication of treatment progress, discharge plans, and time of discharge to outside interested parties as well as facilitating the transfer of required documents to the outside agents.
- Interfaces with the Business Development Department to assist with the determination of customer satisfaction and problem identification and solutions.
- Responsible for discharge plans including scheduling of appointments and communication with parents and significant family contacts.