Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven by quality, compassion, and Christ, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Health- Downtown is looking for a Clinical Coordinator to join our Cardiac Rehabilitation Department.
For more information about the physicians and services provided by Providence Health, click here.
The Clinical Coordinator has the responsibility for the supervision of the Cardiac Rehab staff to include Eps RNs, and RTs directed by the director. The responsibilities included that of the RN, and he/she will assist the physician in rendering medical treatment for patients in addition to other needed medical staff. The Clinical Coordinator will step into the role of RN whenever needed.
- Overall responsibility of the Cardiac Rehab Department
- Day to day supervision of medical assistants and other clinical staff as they interact with physicians, patients, and staff
- Work closely with Director on the clinical staff training and competencies.
- Responsible for inspecting all office logs regarding equipment maintenance and patient testing making sure that they are maintained correctly
- Jointly with the Director is responsible for ordering all clinical inventory needed for office operation
- Responsible for inventory of all medications and the accurate dispensing and charting of these items
- Answer staff questions regarding medical treatment and apprise the physician of items that require his/her attention.
- Ensures that all staff related duties are completed before leaving for lunch or for the workday.
- Promotes and fosters a team approach in working with other staff to identify operational problems and solutions, always striving to improve patient care.
- Responsible for implementing and completing daily Clinical Coordinator check list
- Ensures adequate staffing is planned. Flexes staffing to meet patient care needs according to established standards.