Serve as clinical IT leader and subject matter expert to analyze, design, implement, and evaluate information technology and communication systems that enhance individual and population health outcomes, improve patient care, and strengthen the clinician-patient relationship. Enhance and streamline the use of IT systems and workflows against clinical protocols to impact health outcomes and strengthen EmblemHealth’s clinical relationships with members and providers. Manage the customization, development and management of clinical information systems. Appraise and refine clinical data collection, evaluation and reporting processes. Appraise and refine clinical approach to digital interface with members and providers, via tools such as, member and provider portal, SMS communications, web-portals, digital remote monitoring, etc. Additional duties can include training medical staff on system use and working across multiple departments to encourage colleagues to share information.
- Lead the planning, implementation and overall quality of clinical technology used by the Medical Management department to drive effectiveness and clinical impact, productivity, increase administrative efficiencies and improve real-time communication between healthcare professionals, members and internal stakeholders.
- Lead clinical approaches to informatics for the Medical Management department, including administration, education and research, bridging the gap between clinical Utilization Management, Care Management, medical economics and IT departments.
- Direct the integration, interoperability, storage, access and use of medical information to keep clinical systems and reporting up to date, including systems such as: external and internal EMRs, CRM platforms and other vendors/partners.
- Drive implementation of clinical reporting to deliver strategic analysis and insights to key stakeholders and/or senior management.
- Serve as liaison and clinical SME to medical economics team for the integration multiple platforms and systems to establish performance reporting for clinical teams: productivity, process and outcomes reporting to feed clinical strategy and operations.
- Serve as SME to prioritize and create automated reporting capabilities utilizing the data lake and other available data sources.
- Serve as clinical SME to lead selection and/or integration of clinical innovations, including digital monitoring vendors and other technology platforms/services to drive the clinical programs and processes.
- Serve as lead clinical SME for departmental and partnership integration, including: neighborhood care, ACPNY, Operation, medical economics, IT, and other external vendors, delegates and partners.
- Provide subject matter expertise and support to establish oversight and reporting of clinical IT vendors, services and processes.
- Oversight of UAT process and team – mostly is SME and leadership to define business requirements with the team, collaborate with IT PM to drive processes.