Who are we? TEKsystems® Inc. is a leading provider of strategic IT staffing and Global Services for 82% of the Fortune 500. Ranked #1 in the industry by IT Services Business Report since 2001. We are the nation's largest IT staffing firm. We leverage our core competencies to offer a wide array of IT services. As a division of our parent company, Allegis Group, TEKsystems® has over 100 offices throughout the United States, Canada and Europe. A three billion dollar company, our best-in-class staffing and project delivery processes, coupled with the core values that guide our company culture, fuel our success.
Why us? TEKsystems® offers great opportunities for advancement, personal and professional growth, and unlimited earning potential. IT markets are outperforming the rest of economy, and we are growing at a rapid pace. TEKsystems® seeks professional individuals with competitive spirit, drive, team mentality, courage and commitment, who have demonstrated perseverance, and are looking to build a long term career in a sales driven environment. There is growth potential within the organization including a defined career path.
Scope of Position:
The Compliance Auditor is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the organization's contractual compliance with its customers. The Auditor also monitors conformance to internal policies and processes.
The Compliance Auditor is empowered to influence changes to policies and processes based on observations derived from audit results. Core skills for the position include: excellent communication and time management skills, attention to detail, and problem resolution.
The Compliance Auditor will work very closely with their assigned Directors of National Accounts and various individuals within our branch offices regarding compliance related issues for customers.
- Document and communicate information related to employee pre-screening requirements (such as drug testing, background checks and required documents) as defined in customer service agreements.
- Perform audits weekly to review documentation for each newly hired consultant to ensure compliance with contractual requirements.
- Communicate areas of non-compliance and escalate accordingly.
- Prepare documentation for Customer initiated audits and provide to the Customer timely and accurately.
- Propose continual improvements to processes and policies based on audit results.
- Perform account maintenance, to include updating compliance requirements within assigned accounts and communicating any changes.
- Provide training and education to field offices based on audit results. Coordinate best practices to improve in problematic areas and work with the field offices to impact these areas.
- Other areas as assigned or determined.
- 1-2 years practical business experience in operations.
- Strong initiative, willingness to drive accountability.
- Experience working with Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel or other reporting tools.
- Strong problem solving and work prioritization skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to effectively work in a team oriented environment that is open, honest, and competitive.
Comprehensive Benefits Package:
Employees receive a competitive base salary, commission, and an exceptional benefits package including a 401(k) company matched retirement savings plan, parental leave and vacation, personal and holiday pay.
- Medical - BlueCross BlueShield Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) with a Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dental - MetLife
- Vision - Vision Service Plan (VSP)
- Insurance - Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
Additional benefits include:
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Education assistance
- Employee discounts on cars, electronics, travel, etc.
The Company is a equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.