Eckerd Connects Boomer Short-Term Residential
Eckerd Connects' Short-Term Juvenile Justice Residential program is a complete rehabilitative experience delivered in four to six months to 24 adjudicated male youth, ages 13 - 17, as referred by the North Carolina Department of Public Safety Division of Juvenile Justice. This residential treatment concept combines promising and evidence-based practices with a strong family transition component, and signifies a public-private partnership with the Division of Juvenile Justice which has produces an innovative shift in the way youth are served in North Carolina's juvenile justice system. Intensive, short-term services include individualized treatment and academic plans that combine formal and experiential education, community service, behavioral health, and family counseling is a non-punitive environment designed to address the youth's behavioral challenges through a strength-based approach. Youth also receive accredited education on-site and work together in small group settings with assigned counselors.
Please follow the links for more information about this program:
Prepare all food items as required by menus and recipes supplied, observing all standards of quality assurance, sanitation and safety. Additionally, assist in the cleanup and storage of food and food related items in the kitchen
- Review menu and check with senior cook or production sheet for possible substitutions or preparation needed.
- Cook as required any soups, meat, or alternate entree items, vegetables, desserts or other items.
- Set up pass-through windows as necessary.
- Prepare any dessert or bread needed for the next day as required by senior cook.
- Put away and date any leftover food as necessary to assure health and safety standards are met.
- Wash cooking utensils including pots and pans as necessary.
- 'Clean as you go' to prevent accidents and for a tidy appearance. Clean up after each operation before starting another procedure. Keep work areas clean.
Location Specific Essential Functions
(Those functions that are unique to the location in which the employee serves)
- Wash dishes used in meals and meal preparation and put away clean dishes
- Wash and dry client clothing and washable facility items using laundry appliances as appropriate. Ensure isolation of contaminated clothing and bedding are maintained until washed (EAB, EYCP, ENH, EMC)
- Clean office areas including staff restrooms. Sweep kitchen floor a minimum of after each meal period and mop kitchen floor a minimum of once per day. Additional kitchen floor maintenance to be performed as needed (EAB, EYCP, ENH, EMC)
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Must be able to read and use math at a level sufficient to prepare food from recipes/instructions. ServSafe certification strongly preferred. Based on state contractual requirements, ability to obtain ServSafe certification may be required as a condition of continued employment.
Experience: Six months experience in volume cookery with experience in food preparation techniques, as well as sanitation and safety procedures required.
Skills: Must be able to read recipes and perform mathematical calculations to assure proper portions and inventory control. Basic knowledge of nutritional and sanitary guidelines in food preparation and delivery. Maintain effective working relations with supervisory personnel, co-workers, ability to project a positive, concerned image to staff and clients.
Physical Demands: Able to stand/walk for long periods of time. Ability to regularly lift/move up to 50 pounds while stocking shelves and pulling food for preparation. Must be free of communicable diseases as required by the state to the extent that knowledge is attainable under federal law.
Other: Must maintain an appropriate and valid state driver’s license. Must meet state criminal background check requirements.
Eckerd wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education, advancement, and the chance to contribute to business objectives. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Paid short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• 19 days of Paid Time Off the first year
• 8 paid holidays
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match up to 5%
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employee Referral Program
• Flexible work schedules
• Employee Wellness/Well-Being program