EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVENESS: The Mental Health Center of Denver values and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Learn what it is like to work at the Mental Health Center of Denver:
NEW HIRE RANGE: $24.51/hr - $28.36/hr
In support of our mission to provide services and programs that meet the needs of all of the people we serve, the Mental Health Center of Denver is expanding our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) team by adding a full-time trainer position. The DEI team is committed to ensuring that the organization's commitment to anti-racism, social justice, and equity is realized through providing all staff the training needed to increase their skills and knowledge in a wide variety of diversity, equity, and inclusiveness topics.
The DEI Trainer will be responsible for facilitating and supporting the development of anti-bias, anti-racism, and inclusiveness trainings across all levels of the organization starting immediately with our two required diversity and cultural awareness trainings. They will work closely with the Executive Project Assistant to engage staff in events related to DEI within the organization and support the growth of Employee Resource Groups. The Trainer will serve on committees to provide a DEI lens for projects, policies, and practices while also gaining insight for areas of opportunity for further DEI skill development throughout the organization. Additionally, the DEI Trainer will be responsible for developing a robust resource library to support our staff in self-guided learning related to DEI topics.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Contribute to an organizational culture of respect, hope, and personal accountability regarding Diversity, Equity & Inclusiveness.
- Facilitate trainings in a variety of diversity, equity and inclusiveness related topics
- Promote cultural proficiency in all aspects of the organization's functions and programming.
- Create opportunities to engage employees in cultural conversations, self-exploration, and intentional practice.
- Support DEI Roundtable discussions (larger, open) and Kaleidoscope Conversations (smaller, breakouts)
- Assist with Diversity, Equity & Inclusiveness curriculum development.
- Gather Diversity, Equity & Inclusiveness training related data.
- Develop and manage a robust resource library and actively enhance the organization's link to information and resources for members of underserved and underrepresented communities.
- Support Marketing and Outreach for internal and external Diversity, Equity, and Inclusiveness events.
- Represent DEI and/or Mental Health Center of Denver on internal and external committees.
- Collaborate on DEI team projects.
- Support Employee Resource Groups development.
- Local and Regional Travel required. (Post COVID-19)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a trauma informed environment of wellbeing
EDUCATION: Related degree preferred, not required.
- 2+ years of documented training experience specific to DEI topics in a variety of settings.
- Demonstrated competency in a wide variety of DEI topic areas.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge or ability to learn and practice trauma informed principles and practices.
- Strong understanding of anti-oppression, anti-racism and anti-bias.
- Demonstrated ability to make diversity, equity, and inclusiveness concepts accessible and relevant.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from all walks of life.
- Organized, engaging presentation skills in both virtual and in-person settings.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Comfortable with the use of technology. (Zoom, Teams, Microsoft, etc.)
- Bilingual fluency a plus.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours.
MEET THE DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVENESS TEAM:
Leslye C. Steptoe, Vice President of Diversity, Equity & Inclusiveness (she/her/hers/herself)
StrengthsFinder 2.0 Top 5 Talent Themes: Learner Achiever Context Positivity Arranger
One of the best things about our department is that our work allows for a lot of variety. A day in the life of a Diversity & Inclusiveness team member is never predictable! This position is a great opportunity for a person who thrives in that kind of environment, and who is deeply committed to culture and community.
Shannon Alicea, ASL Staff Interpreter (she/her/hers/herself)
StrengthsFinder 2.0 Top 5 Talent Themes: Responsibility, Individualization, Relator, Intellection, Developer
Hello and Welcome! The Diversity and Inclusiveness team works together to emphasize the broader perception of the whole person. Working on this team will challenge you to stretch your thinking about culture, intersection, and accessibility, while supporting your journey and valuing you and your experiences.
Victor Alvarez, Spanish Interpreting Services Coordinator (he/him/his/himself)
StrengthsFinder 2.0 Top 5 Talent Themes: Positivity, Includer, Learner, Achiever, Intellection
Welcome! I am proud to be a part of the fabric that makes up the Diversity and Inclusiveness team. Our team is involved in a vast variety of work, all interconnected and centered around mental health and well-being. My role is to facilitate communication for the people we serve and our providers, helping to make care equally accessible to everyone.
Lakeysha Molock, Diversity, Equity & Inclusiveness Director (she/her/hers/herself)
StrengthsFinder 2.0 Top 5 Talent Themes: Communication Achiever Input Woo Positivity
We have a dynamic Diversity and Inclusiveness team! I look forward to collaborating on a variety of engaging and interactive projects. I hope our new team member enjoys the art of storytelling, laughter, hard work and an everchanging environment.
Lisa Stiefel, ASL Interpreting Services Coordinator (she/her/hers/herself)
StrengthsFinder 2.0 Top 5 Talent Themes: Relator, Empathy, Positivity, Ideation and Adaptability
Being a part of the Diversity and Inclusiveness team will offer an amazing opportunity for someone with the same passion for equity as we do. If you strive to make meaningful change in the community through access, education and inclusion, you will be a great fit for our team. I look forward to working with you in the future!
David Siso, Spanish Staff Interpreter (he/him/his/himself)
StrengthsFinder 2.0 Top 5 Talent Themes: Context Includer Arranger Connectedness Positivity
I am happy to be part of the Diversity & Inclusiveness team. My role as an interpreter is to make sure communication between providers and the people we serve is accurate and correct. By making sure everyone has access to the care they need, makes our community stronger and more united!
Emily Dandaro-Peres, Immigrant & Refugee Health Navigator/Community Liaison (She/her/hers/herself)
StrengthsFinder 2.0 Top 5 Talent Themes: Restorative, Futuristic, Discipline, Harmony and Developer
The Diversity and Inclusiveness Team's welcoming environment has made me feel at home and supported as an employee from the start. Even through the most difficult of times, we have been able to continue to provide support to our community and colleagues, which makes me proud of being part of this team.
Jes Rau, Diversity, Equity & Inclusiveness Manager (They/them/their/themselves)
StrengthsFinder 2.0 Top 5 Talent Themes: Achiever, Connectedness, Relator, Learner, Developer
As a new member of the DEI team, I have been amazed by the warm welcome, support, and the ability to jump right into the action. Joining this team will offer exciting opportunities to learn and grow right from the start.
Hong Nguyen, Data Storyteller (she/her/hers/herself)
StrengthsFinder 2.0 Top 5 Talent Themes: Individualization, Strategic, Achiever, Significance, Arranger
I find it incredibly rewarding to be a part of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusiveness team. If you enjoy stretching yourself in new ways, both personally and professionally, having a team that has your back, and thriving in a nimble environment, you would make an excellent addition to our team. I am excited to work with you!