Mildred Elley, a private multi campus institution, is seeking a Department Chair for the Practical Nursing Program at its Pittsfield, MA Campus. The faculty and staff of Mildred Elley have a demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement, focusing on academic improvements, student service improvements, and accreditation and compliance improvements
The successful candidate serves as Program Director for Practical Nursing program. Individual will oversee full time and part time faculty and staff to effectively prepare students for passage of the NCLEX, foster further development of clinical affiliation agreements within the area's healthcare facilities, ensure adequate instructor coverage for all didactic and clinical portions of the curriculum, facilitate professional placement, and manage student retention.
- Hold a current Massachusetts Registered Nurse license in good standing;
- Possess an earned master’s degree in nursing or an earned entry level doctorate in nursing;
- Possess a minimum of five years full-time nursing experience, or its equivalent, within the last eight years, with at least three years experience in nursing education; and
- Maintain expertise appropriate to administrative responsibilities.
- Effectively balance administrative responsibilities, student needs and faculty management and development on an ongoing basis.
- Strong digital productivity skills and familiarity with instructional technology.
Please include your salary expectations.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in becoming part of a growing campus committed to achieving student success through continuous improvement please email a cover letter, a current resume, and copies of transcripts (if available) to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] and note “Department Chair, PN Program” in the subject line, followed by the candidate's first and last name. Only applications submitted via email will be accepted (no phone calls or walk-ins please).