The Dialysis Evening Charge Nurse is responsible for the clinical management of the in-center dialysis unit and the supervision of all nursing personnel in order to ensure every patient receives the safest care with the highest quality optimal outcomes.
The shift will be 12:30pm–1:00am, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The following is a summary of what makes our team successful. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinates with the Clinical Supervisor/Nurse Manager the scheduling of patients to ensure accommodations of all patients; matching patient needs with staff capabilities and experiences to maximize staffing resources
- Assists patient care staff as necessary in initiating, monitoring, and termination of dialysis treatments
- Assures the transcription and implementation of Physician orders
- Directly or indirectly makes appropriate referrals to all of the patients Health Care Team including but not limited to Dietitian, Social Worker, Physician and transplant center, as necessary
- Supervises initial and ongoing patient education; Review and document patient education as necessary to ensure compliance with ESRD Network, regulatory agencies, as well as DCI’s CQI Program and the individual clinic’s requirements
- Coordinate obtaining medical release forms and updating consent forms as required.
- Oversees responsibility for monthly patient lab work in accordance with the clinic’s policies and procedures
- Collaborates with the Clinical Supervisor and/or the Nurse Manager in administrative and supervisory duties
- Oversees primary nursing teams for completion of monthly assignments
- Participates in patient care conferences, medical rounds, and reviewing charts