A $5,000 sign on bonus as well as relocation assistance is available.
Did you know that some of the industry’s most talented and caring registered nurses are at DCI? Our nursing staff has helped DCI achieve the lowest mortality and hospitalization rates among large dialysis providers for the past 13 years in a row. We think our Nurses are pretty awesome; they make a difference in our patients' lives by helping them live longer and achieve a better quality of life.
Our mission is “the care of the patient is our reason for existence.” What’s yours?
The Dialysis Home Program Nurse Manager coordinates the administrative and clinical aspects of the Home Hemodialysis and Peritoneal Dialysis Training Program, in order to ensure a safe, efficient dialysis treatment for all DCI home patients in the Sacramento area.
- Assists in the ongoing evaluation of patient candidates so that appropriate Peritoneal Dialysis and Home Hemodialysis treatments can be arranged.
- Train patients and family who have chosen peritoneal dialysis as their treatment modality.
- Provides counseling and emotional support.
- Check dialysis equipment and ensure it is operating properly, make adjustments, or have them made by maintenance personnel.
- Teach the patients proper care between dialysis to avoid infections, and instruct patients on matters of diet.
- Keep comprehensive records of the schedule and type of treatment and changes in the condition of the patient.
- Check in with the patient at least monthly by phone or during clinic visits.
- Obtain routine laboratory work to include routine adequacy testing.
- Make surveillance of the patient’s home adaption, including provisions for visits to the home.
- Ensure the patient is provided consultation with a Social Worker and Dietitian.