Did you know that some of the industry’s most talented and caring registered nurses are at DCI? Our nursing staff has helped DCI achieve the lowest mortality and hospitalization rates among large dialysis providers for the past 13 years in a row. We think our Nurses are pretty awesome; they make a difference in our patients' lives by helping them live longer and achieve a better quality of life.
Our mission is “the care of the patient is our reason for existence.” What’s yours?
The Dialysis Home Therapy Registered Nurse (RN) educates and cares for our home hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis (PD) patients, following up with them on a regular basis. The Dialysis Home Therapy RN also assists in the ongoing development of the local home training program.
Interested candidates must be willing to travel.
- Assists in the examination and evaluation of patient candidates so that appropriate PD treatment and other services can be arranged.
- Train patients and family who have chosen peritoneal dialysis as their treatment modality.
- Provides counseling and emotional support.
- Check dialysis equipment and ensure it is operating properly, make adjustments, or have them made by maintenance personnel.
- Teach the patients proper care between dialysis to avoid infections, and instruct patients on matters of diet.
- Keep comprehensive records of the schedule and type of treatment and changes in the condition of the patient.
- Check in with the patient at least monthly by phone or during clinic visits.
- Obtain routine laboratory work to include routine adequacy testing.
- Make surveillance of the patient’s home adaption, including provisions for visits to the home.
- Ensure the patient is provided consultation with a Social Worker and Dietitian.