A $5,000 Sign On Bonus is Available
Did you know that some of the industry’s most talented and caring registered nurses are at DCI? Our nursing staff has helped DCI achieve the lowest mortality and hospitalization rates among large dialysis providers for the past 13 years in a row. We think our Nurses are pretty awesome; they make a difference in our patients' lives by helping them live longer and achieve a better quality of life.
Our mission is “the care of the patient is our reason for existence.” What’s yours?
The Dialysis Hospital Services Nurse (Acute RN) provides specialized dialysis nursing care in our acute hemodialysis unit for patients with renal failure. The Acute RN works in collaboration with all team members to ensure every patient receives the safest care with the highest quality outcomes.
- Prepares and monitors the equipment used for intermittent or continuous hemodialysis and water treatment in the acute setting, including performing quality control checks.
- Performs and provides pre, intra, and post documentation of acute patient assessments.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding patient care delivered.
- Initiates, monitors and terminates dialysis treatments via all accesses in accordance with DCI's established policies and procedures.
- Administers medications as ordered within the scope of their license and provides documentation of administration and result of medication.
- Accurately receives, transcribes and implements written and verbal orders from physicians.
- Accepts phone lab diagnostic reports, interprets and forwards the information to the physician as necessary.
- Provides and documents patient/family education regarding ESRD and other health concerns.
- Serves as the primary contact for nephrologists and hospital staff caring for the patient, and as a liaison to the chronic unit.
- Knowledgeable of DCI guidelines for Occurrence Reports, completes reports accordingly.
- Acts as a preceptor for new staff as assigned.
- Follows institution’s guidelines for administration of blood and blood products.