The Dialysis Registered Nurse is key to providing specialized nursing care in the in-center hemodialysis unit. The RN works in collaboration with all clinic team members to ensure every patient receives the safest care with the highest quality optimal outcomes.
This position is full time, 3-days per week.
- Performs hemodialysis treatments in accordance with approved facility policies and procedures.
- Prior to initiation of dialysis, ensures dialysis machine, its alarms, and all products used during treatment are prepped and meet quality standards.
- Monitors the patient during dialysis, assess any emergent changes in the patient's condition, and communicates any problems to the physician and patient's family.
- Administers and charts all prescribed pre, intra, and post dialysis medications and charge items in the Medical Information System (MIS) and on the treatment flow sheet.
- Follows CDC/CMS regulations with strict reinforcement of infection control.
- Participates in patient care conferences, medical rounds and chart reviews, as assigned.
- Documents patient education to ensure compliance with the local ESRD Network, CMS, DCI corporate and clinic requirements.
- Interacts with local hospitals as a liaison to facilitate continuity of care.
- Assists in teaching and training new staff members as directed by the head nurse.
- Collaborates with all staff members and renal team members to maintain medication inventory, ensure the dialysis machines are functioning properly, and maintain an adequate stocking of unit supplies.
- Works with the head nurse and nurse manager to assure that OSHA compliance, occurrence reporting, and emergency preparedness is up to date.