The Dialysis Social Worker is responsible for assessing the needs of hemodialysis, home, and pre-ESRD patients; counseling patients and their families on ESRD related issues including psycho social, financial, and transportation needs.
This position is part-time, 20 hours/week.Responsibilities
- Counsels patient and families regarding ESRD therapies and the financial aspects of ESRD modalities.
- Assists the patient in the completion of financial forms.
- Ensures transportation by supplying the patient with appropriate information and making contacts with the patient.
- Participates in operational programs as required, including attending staff and in-service meetings.
- Gathers and documents information to assess and modify the care plan in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Compiles and develops educational materials to be used as teaching aids for patients and staff.
- Masters Degree from an accredited Social Work Program.
- Current clinical license in the state as a Social Worker.
- One year of dialysis experience preferred.
DCI is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If you are having difficulty using the online application system or would like to request other accommodations or application methods, please contact Doug Patterson at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 615-327-3061. Once a request has been made, DCI will initiate a discussion with you about your needs and whether an accommodation can be provided. DCI is committed to providing such accommodations where possible.
For more information about equal opportunity please see: