The Dialysis Social Worker is responsible for assessing the needs of hemodialysis, home, and pre-ESRD patients; counseling patients and their families on ESRD related issues including psycho social, financial, and transportation needs.
- Counsels patient and families regarding ESRD therapies and the financial aspects of ESRD modalities.
- Assists the patient in the completion of financial forms.
- Ensures transportation by supplying the patient with appropriate information and making contacts with the patient.
- Participates in operational programs as required, including attending staff and in-service meetings.
- Gathers and documents information to assess and modify the care plan in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Compiles and develops educational materials to be used as teaching aids for patients and staff.