PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Assists the First Cook in preparation of food for patient service, cafeteria service, and catered events in accordance with Sodexo standards, methods, recipes, special diets or as directed by the Manager of Food and Nutrition or his designee.
- Duty 1: Food Quality- Prepares products to highest quality on a consistent basis.
- Duty 2: Food Preparation- Able to prepare foods according to recipe guidelines and standards. Measures and follows directions accurately. Adheres to HACCP guidelines.
- Duty 3: Sanitation and Cleaning- Cleans and sanitizes workstation in accordance to Sodexo, BVRHC, and all other regulatory agencies.
- Duty 4: Record Keeping- Maintain accurate record keeping production area and maintains historical data per established standards.
- Duty 5: Productivity- Checks production sheets and catering menus to plan and prioritize workload for the day. Meets established deadlines.
- Duty 6: Safety Focus- Attends monthly safety inservices and practices safety in the daily performance of tasks.
- Duty 7: Meeting Attendance- attends meetings on a monthly basis. Completes documentation related to inservices, mandatories, and competencies without prompting.
- Duty 8: Communication- Keeps coworkers abreast of job function changes; maintains accurate job function with the guidance of the management team.
- Duty 9: Supervision- Takes action and assists in problem resolution as problems arise. Promotes atmosphere of cooperation. Provides feedback to management team in regards to department processes and associate development.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- One year food cooking service experience required.
- Knowledgeable in proper use/operation of kitchen equipment.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Specialized training in food preparation and cooking.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in walking, lifting, bending, squatting and twisting. The associate will be required to stand for eight hours a day. The individual must be able to lift twenty to fifty pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The associate must have eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity. The individual must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The position requires excellent verbal skills to perform daily tasks.