Are you passionate about making your community a better place?
Are you compassionate and caring?
Are you looking for ways to positively impact lives?
If you want to find purpose through service to others, you’ve come to the right place.
Let us help you pursue a career in direct support!
We are currently seeking passionate and caring people to work with individuals who experience developmental and physical disabilities. Join our team as an Direct Support Professional (DSP) that supports individuals directly by teaching and modeling personal care and independent living skills, following a behavior support plan, providing opportunities to participate in the community, and completing paperwork.
We provide paid classroom and on-the-job training; it is not necessary for applicants to have prior experience, just a positive attitude and willingness to learn!
We are hiring both full time and part time positions NOW!
Most available positions require availability on the weekends and holidays.
Most schedules offer afternoon and evening hours and vary by location.
Positions can include providing supported living, day habilitation, group home, and community activity supports.Who We AreWe are a non-profit organization providing community supports to hundreds of individuals and families who experience intellectual and developmental disabilities, traumatic brain injury and mental health challenges. We provide services through regional offices located in Anchorage, the Mat-Su Valley, Dillingham, Kodiak, Seward, Barrow, and the Kenai Peninsula. We also serve the outlying areas and numerous rural communities within each region.Who We ServeThe people who choose our supports range in age from infancy to the elderly, are of diverse ethnic background, and experience a range of disabilities. Each person is individual and unique in the supports they need and request.Why Choose Hope?Our mission of support is based on an individualized approach, believing that each person has unique needs and must be the chief architect of their own service delivery plan. By listening to the dreams of the individuals and families who choose our supports, we are able to provide unique opportunities, create new living environments, and expand programs that fully encompass the needs of families. As a result, our community supports are as diversified and as personalized as the dreams of each person.Responsibilities
- Implements support services as outlined in the Plan of Care, including but not limited to, activities of daily living, day habilitation, employment, inclusionary activities and active learning.
- Assists in the coordination of services, communicates and follows through with team members while providing program support in the individual’s home or assisted living home and in the community.
- Under the direction of the individual’s physician and/or Hope nursing staff, and as supervised by the Home Alliance Coordinator, Lead Direct Support Professional, or the Community Support Specialist, assists the individual to correctly take medications and document same.
- Performs lifting duties safely and uses appropriate techniques and body mechanics when performing job duties.
- Assists individuals with daily personal hygiene, dressing, toileting, repositioning, feeding, cooking and household chores as needed.
- Coordinates transportation for individuals, including transporting, arranging public transportation and through the use of vehicles assigned to the home.
- Models positive communications and promotes community connections with individuals.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- None required; Experience working with individuals who experience disabilities preferred
- Ability to lift 35 lbs, or 1/3 of body weight, whichever is less, from a squat-and-kneel position
- Must be 18 years or older, per State of Alaska regulations
- Possess a valid driver license & at least 1 year of driving experience (may include permit time)
- Provide driving record that meets agency guidelines
- Pass a criminal background check under state regulation
Keywords: DSP, Caregiver, CNA, healthcare, home caregiver, personal care assistant, PCA, care provider, social worker, health aide, provider