Directs, coordinates, and supportsaspects of Cardiovascular Services delivery at Memorial Medical Center. The Director is responsible for directing, assisting, planning and marketingall activities to ensure that the service line demonstrates a high quality,cost efficient program in order to position the Hospital as the leader inCardiovascular services in the area.
Accountabilities and Activities:
- Leads, coordinates and oversees all operational activities related to providing quality care of the cardiovascular departments, these include Cath lab, EEG, EKG, Cardiac Rehab, and the Anti-coagulation Clinic.
- Provides line supervision to managers’ to coordinates operations with area medical directors and Patient Care Directors.
- Direct and manage the daily activities, personally or through delegation.
- Selects and hires qualified staff to implement goals and objectives of department.
- Conducts performance appraisals for employees in a fair and impartial manner.
- Keeps staff informed by presenting ideas and information concisely and effectively.
- Works closely with departmental staff to develop procedures that ensure efficient workflow.
- Communicate clearly regarding staff responsibilities and expectations.
- Solicits, accepts and appropriately acts upon staff feedback.
- Develops staff members’ roles to maximize their potential.
- Assist staff develop and monitor quality assurance indicators for each department.
- Coordinates development and has ultimate responsibility for formalizing Cardiology program revenue budgets based on anticipated volume, acuity and case mix.
- Presents Cardiology expense budgets, variances, and justifications to Associate Administrator.
- Remains current on reimbursement and related issues relevant to Cardiology services and educates staff accordingly.
- Manages staff productivity.
- Develops goals and objectives for department that are consistent with organizational strategies.
- Project volumes for CV procedures for budget purposes.
- Coordinates and communicates the impact of Hospital’s primary care initiatives and ambulatory care
- expansions in Cardiology programs.
- Coordinates the evaluation of new products within the Cardiology Product Line.
- Maintains and obtains Cardiovascular Accreditations, i.e. Chest Pain, ACC to differentiate our programs within the community.
- Works with Marketing to develop brochures, pamphlets, etc., on Cardiovascular Services.
- Plan and organize yearly health fair, along with community education programs for service line.
- Provide leadership in development of patient education materials.
- Serves as a liaison between Hospital management and the cardiology medical staff. Leads Department meeting and appropriate Department Medicine/Cardiology functions.
- Acts as liaison between nurse managers/directors, and physicians
- Works closely with physicians in identification of new business opportunities and develop plans or business plans for such.
- Assist department supervisors with setting up and maintaining quality assurance indicators.
- Sit on the sub-committee for credentialing physicians for cardiovascular procedures.
- Participate in CV medical care evaluation committee.
Describe the kind and level ofcontacts required of the incumbent on this job.
Internal contacts: Include but notlimited to physicians, patients, management staff, ancillary departments,nursing, support departments, and administration. External contacts:Physicians, vendors, representatives from other hospitals, patients and/ortheir families, managed care staff.
Decisions made independently
- Determines fiscal feasibility of new or expanding cardiology services and/or programs.
- Determines department staffing
- Decides when and how to intervene with physicians regarding U.R and Q.A. procedure.
What does incumbent refer to hissupervisor for approval or final disposition?
- Recommendation on implementing new programs.
- Major deviations from budget
- Strategic plans
- Significant quality assurance issues
- Requests for capital purchases
If supervisory, what are the dutieswith respect to employee development, placement, work
assignments, salary administration?
- The incumbent has the ability to hire, develop, appraise and discipline all subordinates.
Immediate Supervisor’s Title: Associate Administrator