Manages and coordinates the activities of assigned radiology technologists, mammographers, MRI, CT, US and nursing at the Imaging Center and Healthplex . Manages and coordinates activities of radiologic technologists, diagnostic medical sonographers and clerical personnel at assigned clinics. Provides accurate diagnostic data for interpretation by the radiologist and use by medical provider in providing patient care. Prepares and manages department budgets, ensures efficient and coordinated staffing flow among clinics or specialty areas, and ensures purchase of radiology equipment and supplies is cost-effective and meets quality standards.
This position will comply with all Memorial Medical Center quality, safety, and emergency policies and procedures. Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice in every interaction with patients, colleagues, providers, and leadership. Ensures patient safety in the preparation and provisioning of care related to but not limited to medications, procedures, infection prevention, fall prevention, including consistent use of two patient identifiers and procedural time outs. Report’s safety hazards, accidents and incidents, and unsafe working conditions promptly.
- Manages staffing for various outpatient clinics and radiology specialty groups.
- Prepares, oversees and executes budget for assigned departments/facilities.
- Researches, evaluates, and authorizes purchase of capital equipment and supplies for assigned radiology clinics.
- Oversees implementation of policies, procedures, and quality standards.
Interviews, selects, orients, evaluates, and disciplines radiology staff in compliance with EEO/AA goals and personnel policies of the organization.
- Compiles statistical data provided by reporting supervisors and prepares reports related to operating costs and services rendered.
- Ensures reporting clinics/specialty groups maintain standards of quality assurance and patient service.
- Provides follow-up to any QA problem encountered. Follows-up on customer service issues for resolution/recovery, most often including direct involvement with members.
- Monitor’s radiology customer service from a global perspective, e.g., service delivery model.
- Ability to oversee two outpatient clinics successfully.