With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Pricing and Contracting, we are seeking a strong candidate to lead the execution of the US Contract strategy and the Contract Administration team. The individual in this role will be a key player on the US Commercial Operations Team and will be instrumental in establishing operational excellence in the areas of Proposal Development and Contract Administration.
The Director, Contract Development & Administration’s role is to manage the day to day activities of the Proposal Development and Contract Administration team, be the primary contact for Model N functionality and support the annual execution of Pricing and Channel Strategy across the Seqirus product portfolio.
Contract Development and Administration:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Contract Development & Administration team, inclusive of contract authoring (profitability analysis, redlines, collaboration with Account Team, etc.) and contract adjudication (chargebacks, Admin Fees, rebates, membership & eligibility management, etc.) with focus on Purchase-Based contracting.
- Timely and thorough review of all Market Access contract related documents ensuring the agreements have the necessary language to clarify intent and to protect Company.
- Manage redlines, RFPs, Bids, amendments, correspondence, etc. relating to various Market Access agreements.
- Conduct pre-deal analytics to ensure contract profitability and that the contracting terms are consistent with channel guidelines; present deal recommendations at the Pricing Committee meetings.
- Establish cross-functional collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the agreements are operational, functional, and interpreted accurately for timely implementation and other contractual obligations.
- SME and primary point of contact for Model N capabilities and maintenance.
Cross-Functional Partnership Development:
- Legal – Collaboration on templates and legal language to support Commercial strategy
- Finance – Accurate Commercial contract accruals and management of Market Access budget
- Operations – Coordination with Operations team to ensure consistent communication of Contract pricing and terms
- Project Management – To support the continuous improvements of department processes and procedures that impact both internal and external Customer Experience
BS/BA, Business related field, MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience/knowledge with Market Access contracting and pricing activities in the pharmaceutical industry, specifically including Retail, Wholesalers, Group Purchasing Organizations, IDNs and other channels is required.
- Vaccine experience preferred
- Strong Model N experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the US health care market; US healthcare delivery, financial, and reimbursement mechanisms; ACA; and compliance laws and regulations.
- Experience leading and managing teams