At Guardant Health our mission is to conquer cancer with data. While we’re best known for our molecular diagnostics technology that unlocks the genomic signatures of cancer, we strive for world-class software stack and core IT infrastructure. This is what enables Guardant to turn the genomic data into actionable insights shared with thousands of patients, physicians, and researchers in a scalable, reliable, and secure fashion.
Guardant’s IT team builds and operates the technology backbone of the company. This includes a global corporate IT infrastructure and a hybrid (on-prem / cloud) software infrastructure that hosts a modern microservices architecture for internal data processing and external data integrations.
To enable Guardant Health’s fast growth in the next few years, the IT team is looking for a visionary technical and team leader who can develop and execute a long term roadmap while continuously improve the way we deliver value to our customers.
In this role, you will primarily:
● Get the opportunity to make a huge positive impact on the lives of people with cancer
● Collaborate with stakeholders (Bioinformatics, Lab, Software, Commercial etc.) to analyze short- and long-term global infrastructure needs
● Build and drive technology roadmap for IT, including network, data centers, cloud infrastructure, end-user apps and services (helpdesk)
● Improve current standards and policies, ensure infrastructure compliance with required standards and regulations
● Represent the company in various audits by regulatory bodies and customers
● Grow and drive a solid technical team of engineers and technicians
- Own multi-million dollar IT budget and manage vendor relationships
You enjoy an agile, very fast paced and highly technical environment. You are a self-driven technology leader who will be the full owner of his or her domain. That is 1) building up and managing a top tier IT engineering and support team, 2) developing a deep understanding of the business domain and roadmap, 3) translating the business needs into technical roadmap and execution plan, 4) delivering a continuous stream of business value to make his or her 10x improvement vision a reality.
You are dedicated to engineering excellence yet pragmatic enough to balance quality principles, regulatory compliance and business needs. As a hands on leader, you are expected to dive deep into technical details and help your engineers in design, implementation and troubleshooting hardware and software components.
In addition, you have the ability to maintain the day to day support SLA while running various key projects that move the business forward.
In addition, you must bring
● 15+ years experience scaling and operating IT in an enterprise setup: technology investment/portfolio management, IT security and enterprise risk management, IT change management (e.g. ITIL), service management (desktop and user support)
● 10+ years of hands-on experience in developing and operating large scale and geo-distributed core infrastructure, including networking, data storage, compute and virtualization
● 5+ years of developing and operating on-premise and cloud-based (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud) data-centers
● 5+ years of managing global engineering and operation teams
- 2+ years experience operating infrastructure for public companies, hands-on experience with implementing security frameworks and IT controls like NIST or ISO 27001, and complying with regulations such as HIPAA and SOX
- Demonstrate orientation and credibility with external experts & internal company stakeholders to support scientific and business strategies
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and able to effectively work in a fast-paced cross-functional environment
- Able to manage and motivate a diverse work group
- Willingness to work at all levels to support team goals
Guardant Health develops breakthrough diagnostic technologies to improve cancer management. With Guardant360, we offer real-time, biopsy-free tumor sequencing that tracks tumor genomics in real-time and identifies associated treatment options. The recent introduction of groundbreaking analytical tools, including our Tumor Response Map and a mobile-enabled physician portal, further advance Guardant Health's momentum.
Please visit our career page at: www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.