Improving the health of our community in all we do
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) is a non-profit community health system on a mission of improving the health of our community in all we do. Our team cares for more than 1 million people across the region through four hospitals and a variety of outpatient locations. Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) has campuses in Gainesville, Braselton, Winder and Dahlonega – with a total of more than 700 beds and more than 1,100 medical staff members representing more than 50 specialties. NGHS also encompasses Northeast Georgia Physicians Group, a multi-specialty group with more than 65 locations, and The Heart Center of Northeast Georgia Medical Center, a cardiology practice with more than 15 locations.
This position reports to the Executive Director of Physician Services, Revenue Cycle. The Director of Business Services is responsible for the overall operational performance of the PB central business office, and the AR followup processes of all Physician Service Agreement (PSA) clients. Responsibilities will include managing all operational and financial aspects to ensure an efficient and effective revenue cycle and financial viability. Responsibilities include oversight of cash posting, billing, follow-up, EDI, insurance credits and provider credentialing, as well as PSA clients. Works in conjunction with Coding, Operations, HB Revenue Cycle and Recruitment. Administratively responsible for budget oversight and assisting with strategic planning and implementation.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- The ideal candidate will be a strategically experienced executive with superb leadership abilities and exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Responsible for maximizing revenue while adhering to compliance policies and procedures.
Job Specific and Unique Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Creative, responsive problem solver, with strong customer service focus and a commitment to patient care and quality assurance.
2. Demonstrated experience in planning, developing and implementing revenue cycle best practices, gather and analysis AR data, develop new produces to improve quality and quantity of work processed.
3. Work with the assigned CFO/Controller to obtain accurate and timely month-end financial reports.
4. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of coding and billing requirements and proper documentation/support of all requirements. Coordinate with physicians operations directors, practice administrators and HB Revenue Cycle as needed.
5. Above average use of Excel Spreadsheets.
6. Ability to make presentations to large and small groups within the physician group.
7. Assist with the development and implementation of administrative policies, procedures and guidelines for Departmental operations.
8. Ability to work well with staff, peers, venders, members of top management and physicians.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Acts and leads in a manner that is reflective of the philosophy, vision and values of NGPG. Integrates these values throughout all initiatives and efforts.
2. Works collaboratively with Human Resources and respective management to appropriately select staff to perform Revenue Cycle functions and to monitor/manage staff levels. Administers human resource policies and procedures and ensures that positive human resource practices are implemented.
3. Uses a proactive leadership style to model and promote a culture of trust and communication. Seeks suggestions and input from staff and colleagues. Promotes an active participation of all staff in decisions that affect them.
4. Provides leadership and mentoring to individuals reporting directly to this position. Demonstrates ability to measure individual employee performance against criteria-based performance standards and uses evaluations as management tools and opportunities for coaching and developing staff.
5. Knows the key requirements of each position and holds staff accountable for the responsibilities inherent in their roles.
6. Holds all staff members accountable for following and adhering to all applicable rules, regulations, laws and guidelines.
7. Encourages personnel to attend educational opportunities relevant to their position and supports their attendance.
8. Promotes a service-oriented culture within the organization, and to the Physician Services Agreement (PSA) clients, and assures satisfaction with the quality and amount of support provided for departmental functions, initiatives and projects.
9. Assesses and responds to current and future internal and external healthcare trends in order to establish and ensure the necessary direction for revenue cycle activities.
10. Continually seeks ways and means for improving the delivery and support of Revenue Cycle activities and programs.
11. Assures that all departmental systems incorporate the principles of total and continuous quality improvement while exceeding the expectations of the customers.
12. Assures satisfaction among customer groups with the quality and amount of support provided by monitoring and responding appropriately to outcomes and feedback.
13. Understands the job functions of all Revenue Cycle staff, is aware of process flow across departments, and involves them, as appropriate, when recommended actions may impact their work functions.
14. Provides input into strategic plans, goals, objectives and budgets for Business Office, including PSAs.
15. Develops operational procedures related to Business Office, and each unique PSA client.
16. Researches and recommends various technology tools available to support Revenue Cycle initiatives.
17. Performs operational reviews of various Business Office processes and recommends and/or implements action plans/proposals in consultation with the all Revenue Cycle Management.
18. Ensures all key peformance metrics are met related to the PSA clients.
19. Develops and utilizes monitoring and reporting techniques and systems for the CBO, including PSAs.
20. Maintains professional development and growth through professional affiliations, seminars and workshops to keep abreast of trends in revenue and healthcare in general.
21. Budgetary oversight and accountability.
22. Development and implementation of policy and procedure within line of authority.
23. Reporting of Key Performance Indicators, forecasts, etc. related to Revenue Cycle, including PSAs.
24. Overall responsibility for hiring and supervising staff in charge and cash posting, billing, follow-up, collections, refunds, and EDI.
25. Collaborate with Quality Assurance/Trainer to assess quality of staff and coordinate necessary training.
26. Interact and manage vendor devliverables, performance and expectations.
Since first opening its doors in Gainesville in 1951, Northeast Georgia Medical Center has added hospital campuses in Braselton, Barrow and Dahlonega – and become Georgia’s most awarded hospital. Some recognitions include being named to these lists:
America’s 50 Best Hospitals – Healthgrades
100 Top Hospitals – Truven Health Analytics
100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs – Beckers Hospital Review
America’s Top Quality Providers – Carechex
Atlanta’s Top 150 Workplaces – Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Healthcare’s Most Wired Hospitals and Health Systems – Hospitals & Health Networks magazine
NGMC has also been recognized in recent years as Georgia’s #1 Hospital for overall hospital care, overall surgical care, heart care, orthopedic surgery, women’s care and more.