KVC Health Systems is seeking a Director of Development who will be responsible for fundraising efforts to support KVC.
If you are looking for a rewarding career and a compassionate, flexible work environment – KVC is the place for you! This individual can be located in surrounding areas, but will be required to travel frequently throughout the Kansas City area including the corporate office in Olathe, KS.
People matter, and that’s why we exist. By providing in-home family support, therapeutic services, foster care and adoption case management, substance abuse treatment and psychiatric care, KVC touches the lives of over 60,000 children and families each year.
The Director of Development will:
- Effectively qualify, engage, and manage a highly rated portfolio of major gift prospects to determine prospect interest and capacity to support KVC at the major gift level. Works collaboratively with KVC Health Systems VP of Development and other KVC leadership staff, as appropriate.
- Solicit outright and planned major gifts in support of KVC.
- Identifies, qualifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards prospective and major gift donors, actively managing an appropriately sized portfolio.
- Working with development staff throughout KVC Health System, continually enhances knowledge of the opportunities and the philanthropic priorities of key units throughout the system.
- Solicits leadership annual gifts ($10,000 or more) with the goal of increasing annual support for multiple constituencies.
- Position may require travel to meet performance goals.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by executive staff as prospects and strategies warrant.
KVC provides a competitive compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans; nine paid holidays with additional paid time off; 403(b) employee contribution retirement plan and profit sharing plan.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of professional fundraising experience is required. Three to five years of major gift fundraising experience in higher education is highly preferred. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team are essential. Must possess the ability to initiate, organize, and follow through with fundraising strategies. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and exercise excellent judgment.
*Note: This position will be filled at the Associate Development Director or Director of Development level, commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications.