BrightStar Senior Living is building a new assisted living and memory care community in Ft. Wayne, IN to open in June, 2019
- Help create our winning team while we're under construction!
- Drive by to see our progress at 11430 Coldwater Road
The Director of Nursing reports to the Executive Director and is accountable for clinical oversight and safety of BrightStar Senior Living residents, educates and provides care and support to residents and their families and provides training/educational opportunities to the community’s staff. This role will provide indirect leadership for community staff including Resident Assistants, Dining Services, Activities and Housekeeping staff.
Key Leadership, Management and Accountabilities (LMA): The Director of Nursing conducts assessments and plan reviews, manages resident electronic health records, acts as the residents’ advocate, educates and provides care and support to residents and their families, and provides training/educational opportunities to the community’s staff. As with others on the management team, the Director of Health and Wellness is responsible for providing on-call support to our direct care staff.
Director of Nursing / DON Job Duties include:
- Perform care as defined by resident's individual service plan and within scope of state's nurse practice act
- Makes the initial evaluation visit and regularly reevaluates the resident’s nursing needs.
- Initiates the individual service plan and makes necessary revisions within a person-centered framework.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Counsels the resident and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
Supervises, educates and coaches nursing personnel.
Assesses competency of clinical staff and ensures staff is assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity and safety of a resident’s care.
DONs will enjoy the following Benefits:
- Bi-Weekly pay
- Variety of assignments, procedures and treatments
- Continuing education
- Health Insurance, PTO/holiday time off
- Additional benefits to be reviewed
Values-based Competencies: The Director of Nursing must consistently demonstrate and foster the following core values behaviors during all interactions with shareholders, residents, employees, vendors, and other business partners. Core values are the key behaviors that determine our decision-making at BrightStar Senior Living.
Core Competencies: The Director of Nursing must demonstrate and execute the following position-specific competencies to ensure effective, profitable and patient-centered branch operations.
APPLY ONLINE TODAY!