VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA is hiring a Director of Nursing for the Horizons Care Center in Eckert, CO.
The primary purpose of the position is to plan, budget, organize, develop and direct the overall operation of the Nursing Service Department in accordance with current Federal, State and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern the facility to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times in accordance with the Budget and Operation Plans of the organization. Responsible for ensuring that an adequate level of services is provided to each resident, documented appropriately and regularly evaluated.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Administer Personnel Functions
2. Department Budgeting and Planning Processes
3. Policy Functions
4. Department Inventory Control
5. Department Inspections
6. Infection Control and Safety
7. Fire and Disaster Plans
8. Delivery of Nursing Services
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and currently registered with the State Board of Examiners for Registered Nurses in the state where the facility is located.
2. Minimum of three (3) years administrative and supervisory experience in a long term health care setting. Has knowledge of rehabilitative nursing.
3. Verbal and written abilities necessary to communicate and work effectively with various levels of staff, residents, family members and the public, and representatives of the various regulatory agencies, and for required written documentation or reports.
4. Numerical ability necessary to make various computations in planning departmental objectives, keeping work records and schedules, preparing budgets, requisitioning supplies, and monitoring inventory control.
5. Ability to apply principles of personnel administration to interviewing, selection and supervision of employees, and in monitoring department activities.
6. Able to evaluate reports, programs, systems, and other data against both judgmental and verifiable criteria.
7. Able and willing to work flexible hours, such as during a staff shortage or emergency situation.
8. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
To Apply: www.jobs.net/j/JZMbezKV