Director of Nursing- ICare Health Network
iCare Health Network offers a variety of career and volunteer opportunities for those with a desire to work in the healthcare industry, including full time, part-time, per diem, RN, LPN, CNA and a variety of non-clinical positions. Our ten skilled nursing home facilities, as well as our Homecare and Touchpoints Therapy entities are located in the Greater Hartford area.
We’re looking for a Full-time, Director of Nursing Services to serve our care centers in the Hartford and Greater Hartford areas.
The Director of Nursing Services is responsible for:
- Overseeing all facility clinical care of all residents.
- Defining nursing practices by encouraging and supporting research and potential quality improvement efforts.
- Helping to accomplish the financial goals of the facility by improving the quality and cost-effectiveness of nursing services.
- Identifying future nursing services requirements by establishing rapport across interdisciplinary services; interpreting information from potential and actual patients and families; conferring with people in a position to understand service requirements.
- Maintaining nursing services operations by defining required program and operational and personnel policies; implementing a nursing strategy.
- Maintaining a collaborative patient services work environment by fostering a spirit of interdisciplinary cooperation among nursing services, medical staff, and support and ancillary services.
- Providing medically related social services to residents of the facility as well as family members as needed.
- Conducting face to face resident interviews and assessments of resident cognitive, mood, behavioral status, in addition to other psychosocial factors.
- Participating in planning for resident discharges.