We are actively seeking a Director of Nursing for our beautiful and wellestablished nursing home near Greenwich, CT. to join our dynamic team ofprofessionals!
Job Summary: The Director of Nursing Services will manage nursing services from theperspective of the facility as a whole, while leading, collaborating,integrating, facilitating and evaluating nursing services to support the growthand maintenance of professional nursing practices.
Major job responsibilities include, but are notlimited to, the following:
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, evaluates and directs theNursing Services Department, Staff Educator/Infection Control
- Supervise thenursing staff and inform them of new policies and procedures
- Recruitment,retention, and training of nurses
- Ensure that thelegal procedures, nursing practices, and work standards are met as per facilitypolicies and procedures and all regulatory requirements
- Collaborate withthe healthcare facility management team in leading the clinical team
- Manage residentdata and medical records.
- Participates inthe administration of the health care facility as a full member of theexecutive team.
- Participates inthe strategic and long range planning of the health care facility.
- Ensures theongoing evaluation and innovation of services provided by organized nursingservices and the organization, and promotes continuous quality improvement.
- Facilitates theconduct, dissemination, and utilization of research in the areas of nursing,health, and management systems.
- Minimum BSN
- Masters preferredfrom an accredited school of nursing
- CurrentConnecticut RN license in good standing
- Excellent writtenand oral communication skills with the ability to plan, organize and implementpolicies and procedures
- Possess awillingness to learn and take direction from Regional VP Clinical Services
- Maintain acooperative relationship among health care team members by communicatinginformation, responding to requests, building rapport, participating in teamprojects and problem-solving
- Must possessstrong leadership qualities, be a good judge of character and possess goodconflict resolution skills
- Must have minimum3-5 years experience at the nursing management level in a healthcare facility-hospital or nursing facility
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health and dental benefits
- PTO package
- 401k Plan
We are an EOE