- Ensures quality and safe delivery of health services to residents
- Implements plan of care formulated by physician
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of care given diagnosis or plan of care
- Monitor the Medication Technicians with the administration of medication per physician order Documents properly on MAR.
- Assembles resident charts, resident records and checks that all necessary forms are complete and accurate
- Prepares incident/accident reports for residents as needed per policy. Notifies physician and family post incident/accident per policy and documents appropriately
- Maintains safe and healthy working environment and uses safe work methods and procedures in accordance with clinical standards
- Assists resident in learning appropriate self-care activities
- Organizes and monitors associates and material resources necessary for meeting the needs of the residents under his/her care
- Recognizes emergencies and life-threatening situations and initiates appropriate action(s)
- Maintains confidentiality and resident rights regarding all resident personal information
- Develop effective schedule and supervise and direct associates.
- Maintain stimulating ADL programs that empower, maintain and support individual preferences and capabilities.
- Maintain environments that promote feelings of safety and security, overall well-being and happiness in personal and congregate areas of the community.
- Maintain a positive social model (non-clinical) resulting in a homelike environment.
- Ensure residents non licensed Activities of Daily Living (ADL) such as bathing, dressing, grooming, dining, and continence care, mobility and other functions are being met through partnership
- Train associates and social model expectation for resident’s successful daily programming.
- Responds to resident, family and associate concerns in an appropriate, timely and courteous manner.
- Ensure that associates makes resident rounds every two hours or as required to ensure safety.
- Assist in the admission, transfer and discharge of residents.
- Accept any other tasks, assignments or requests as deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
- Understanding and communicating fire and emergency procedures, hazardous materials, MSDS, and Community safety precautions.
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with Universal Precautions including but not limited to infection control standards, hazardous waste policies, blood borne pathogens and all safety rules.
- Pursuing education development in Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders.
- Leads by example exhibiting the CORE Values through servant leadership
- Encourages teamwork and promotes company philosophy
- Attends required community meetings and participates in resident activities
- Completes all required courses in adherence with HRA University if applicable
- Is prompt and able to perform the required duties of the position on a regular, predictable basis
- Becomes familiar and understands how to report a missing person using the Safe Return program or equivalent
- Becomes familiar and understands the steps for fire evacuation
All associates are responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for all community residents
- Graduated from an accredited program for nursing and is currently registered in the state of the community
- Must obtain valid Continuing Education credits as required by the state of the community
- Training in Alzheimer and Dementia with focus on Validation Therapy
- Minimum of one (1) year nursing experience in a health care facility.
- Experience in a long term care community and/or geriatric nursing facility preferred
- Experience in emergency care and first-aid
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, associates, residents, family members, and outside contacts
- Able to effectively supervise a diverse employee work group
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook software preferred
- Able to make independent decisions
- Able to seek out new methods and willing to incorporate them into existing practices when applicable
- Supervision and management experience to supervise staff.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts in order to manage supply and expense budget
- Knowledge of current Federal and State laws pertaining to assisted living and/or memory care communities
- Must possess a passion to work with and around senior citizens
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities