Ensures delivery of nursing services to residents according to
professionally recognized using practices.
- Monitors nursing care for compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and company care performance standards
- Ensures that all associate hours on time cards and weekly hours report
- Completes nursing schedules for proper coverage to meet resident needs and according to budget guidelines
- Assigns weekly blood pressure and weights to rotating shifts
- Monitors staff in administration of medication, to include frequent audits of medication sheets
- Assists the Medication Technicians in medication management, including administration of medications to residents, ordering medication from pharmacy and maintaining records as dictated in policies and procedures manual
- Ensures that medications are properly stored, medication carts / cupboards are cleaned and medication room is organized according to standards
- Observes residents health status. Takes actions to address concerns within scope of practice and reports all significant changes, reactions to medications and treatment or significant incidents to nurse and/or attending physician immediately
- Regularly reviews capabilities or resident who self-administers
- Conducts pre-admission screening of prospective new residents when assigned by supervisor and updates ever six (6) months or as needed. Ensures that all required documentation, including service plans and nursing assessments is completed
- Performs ongoing assessments of resident physical and psycho- social needs and coordinates with nurse to assure quality proactive care
- Communicates to families regarding resident’s personal needs and achievements. Reminds families or need for scheduled physician, dental, or eye care appointments
- Assists in organizing and developing service plan reviews as required, with appropriate resident care team members and resident families
- Explains procedures and treatments to residents to gain cooperation and understanding
- Observes residents, records significant reactions, and notifies
resident director, physician, and pharmacist of resident’s condition
and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents
- Responds promptly to all emergency calls from residents, including residents residing in independent section of residence
- Performs daily and monthly safety and infection control checks of the home and grounds, assisting the resident director for resident health and safety purposes
- Coordinates monthly staff schedules, arranges replacement staffing when necessary and maintains clear records of all changes,
requests and irregularities
- Ensures that in-house ancillary medical services such as podiatrist, doctor visits, psych visits, labs, x-ray, ambulance, etc. are scheduled and followed through.
- Participates in the maintenance of resident records including
review of documentation performed by resident assistants, monthly MAR reviews, setting up new resident and thinning records appropriately
- Participates in department quality improvement activities, to include completion of quality assurance surveys as assigned by residence director
- Shares on-call duties as required
- Participates in community functions including family socials and open houses
- Communicates with community professionals
- Ensure appropriate handling of on-the-job injuries as reported by associates
- Attends required community meetings and completes required reports in a neat and timely manner.
- The ability to work in a safe and alert manner
- The ability to take ownership for associate’s safety and the safety
of the residents
- Must disclose any medication that might impair associate’s ability
to perform the job safely or competently.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.