Job Title: Driver/CNA
Reports To: Director of Nursing
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Responsible for transporting residents for appointments and business as required by the facility. Responsible for carrying out duties assigned by the Director of Nursing to ensure that residents receive the highest quality of personal care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Provide residents with safe transportation to and from appointments and business needs in company vehicle.
● Communicate with doctors as required by Director of Nursing.
● Stay with residents during appointments and business to assist with communication and provide physical assistance as needed.
● Assist, encourage and instruct residents with basic life skills, including social, recreational, and daily living skills.
● Assist, encourage and instruct residents to maintain clean and safe living environment.
● Assist, encourage and instruct residents in the dining room (i.e. serving drinks, cutting food and cleanup).
● Assist, encourage and instruct residents with dressing and grooming, including helping with dressing and undressing, combing hair, and nail care.
● Assist, encourage and instruct residents with bathing and personal hygiene, including bathing, shampooing hair, oral hygiene, denture care, and shaving.
● Assist, encourage and instruct residents with mobility and transfer, including assisting with transfer and ambulation when resident can at least partially bear own weight.
● Assist, encourage and instruct residents with toileting and continence, including assisting in going to the bathroom, changing bed linen in compliance with the Bowel and Bladder program.
● Assist, encourage and instruct residents with medication, including assisting with the self-administration of medicine, applying nonprescription topical ointments or lotions.
● Perform scheduled inspection of resident rooms for cleanliness and safety.
● Report potential fire and safety hazards and maintenance or housekeeping concerns.
● Report any verbal or physical abuse (or suspicion) of a resident to the Administrator.
● Monitor smoke lounge.
● Log delivery of PC tasks in the designated software program.
● Perform all other duties as required
All duties listed are essential unless otherwise noted.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Maintain Highest Degree of Confidentiality
Maintain Excellent Driving Record
Basic Computer Skill
Oral Communication Skills
● Be at least 21 years of age;
● Valid Driver’s License
● Be able to read, write, and follow directions; and
● Have at least six months paid work experience as a C.N.A.
Employee Signature Date
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will be expected to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job tasks and responsibilities.
O:/Employee Job Descriptions/Job Descriptions-Manor