Odle Management – A subsidiary of Eckerd Connects
Reports to the Safety, Security & Transportation Manager and is an hourly, non-exempt position. Responsible for supplying transportation services to students and performing general maintenance duties throughout the center. Demonstrates on-going commitment to preparing young people for the workforce by modeling, mentoring, and monitoring excellence in the eight Career Success Standards of: workplace relations and ethics; information management; communications; multicultural awareness; personal growth and development; career and personal planning; interpersonal skills and independent living.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transports students by bus and automobile to various vocational sites, medical centers, recreational activities, courts, etc.
- Transports equipment and/or commodities to the center.
- Inspects and reports on the mechanical condition of vehicles.
- Maintains accurate and complete trip reports of each use of any vehicle.
- Attends required staff training sessions.
- Clearly communicates and consistently models appropriate CSS and employability skills including personal responsibility and computer fluency.
- Maintains accountability of staff, students, and property, adheres to safety practices in all areas of responsibility.
- Cultivates and maintains a climate on center that is free of harassment, intimidation, and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in such a position.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Six months work related experience preferred.
- Valid State driver’s license and Commercial Driver’s License in the state of employment with Passenger endorsement and an acceptable driving record.
Additional Requirements: Ability to obtain and maintain CPR/First Aid Certification. Ability to operate power tools.
Ability to effectively relate to trainee population. Ability to fluently read and write English. Position requires an ability to operate power tools. In addition, individual must be able to interact with team members and maintain an effective working relationship with all facility staff and departments.
Working Conditions: This position involves frequent sitting and driving. Occasionally, position involves standing, walking, bending, stooping, climbing, carrying, squatting, kneeling, pushing, or pulling, and running, so flexibility is important. Applicant must be able to see, hear, and speak.
Environmental Demands: Position requires ability to spend 50% of work time outside and 50% of work time indoors; ability to withstand moderate noise levels, including voice levels 90% of work time; ability to work in high temperature settings during the summer months; and ability to work in low temperature settings in winter months.
Odle Management considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Odle Management is a drug-free workplace and utilizes E-verify to confirm employment eligibility.