Eckerd Connects Early Head Start
Eckerd Connects' Early Head Start programs provides high quality, comprehensive care and support services to infants, toddlers, and their families. The program provides free year-round services for children ages 0-3 years and their families to promote education, self-sufficiency, community building, health and well-being. This partnership provides community-based, high quality care to our most vulnerable population; infants and toddlers.
Follow the link for more information about this program: https://eckerd.org/family-children-services/community-programs/early-head-start-of-tampa/
This position will work closely with the Child Development and Disability Specialist to ensure that quality of services is exceptional, and center-based/family child care home requirements and goals are being met.
- Monitors and documents provisions and progressions in the area of Early Childhood Education and School Readiness.
- Assists with the implementation of a developmentally and linguistically appropriate approach to child development and education.
- Provides additional center-based and family child care home support, as assigned.
- Substitutes for teachers during a temporary absence or long-term as determined by program needs; provide quality childcare to children birth to age 4.
- Assists with organizing a classroom environment that promotes each child’s total development while promoting positive open communication with parents and children.
- Assists in developing an environment that reflects the home culture of the families being served with the goal of increased understanding of their own culture and the culture of others.
- Must demonstrate sensitivity to our service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and needs.
Other Duties Include, But Not Limited To
- Participate in training and development activities as required.
- Report any acts, incidents or conditions that reflect the possibility of inappropriate youth-to-youth or staff-to-youth relationships.
- Report any use of physical force and all unusual incidents per Eckerd policy and state guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: CDA required; Associate degree or higher from an accredited college or university with a major in Early Childhood Education, Social or Behavioral Science or Education, which included 18-semester hours in Early Childhood Education preferred. Must acquire CPR/First Aid training for Infant/Child/Adult within ninety (90) days of hire date and maintain through the duration of employment.
Experience: Two years of experience in teaching infant/toddler, pre-school or kindergarten. Previous Head Start/Early Head Start experience is preferred.
Skills: Analytical, excellent verbal and written communication, self-motivation, collaborative, resourceful, flexible, initiative, problem solving, decision making, organization, planning, creative, objective, interpersonal, and critical judgment. Basic skills instruction, development and use of learning and media centers, experiential and special education. Ability to learn and utilize various instructional technology software programs and equipment.
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, including infant and/or toddlers weighing 6 to 50 pounds multiple times throughout the day. Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to maintain direct eye contact with infant/toddlers. Sitting on the floor and/or in preschool chairs. Dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate specialized apparatus and standard office and classroom equipment. Seeing to read a variety of materials (printed or virtual) and monitor student activities.
Other: Must meet state criminal background check requirements. Must be available to work a flexible schedule in order to fulfill job functions and program responsibilities. Position is budgeted for 30 hours weekly; additional hours may be approved based on program needs and operating budget.
Travel: Must be able to meet requirements for Eckerd’s Auto Insurance and be able to drive for business purposes. Must maintain an appropriate and valid state driver’s license. Must be able to travel for training, as required. Travel requirements include local, in/out of state.
Eckerd wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education, advancement, and the chance to contribute to business objectives. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Paid short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• 19 days of Paid Time Off the first year
• 8 paid holidays
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match up to 5%
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employee Referral Program
• Flexible work schedules
• Employee Wellness/Well-Being program