Reports to the Center Director and is a salaried, exempt position. Responsible for processing and coordinating the Career Development Services function. Demonstrates on-going commitment to preparing young people for the workforce by modeling, mentoring, and monitoring excellence in the eight Career Success Standards of: workplace relations and ethics; information management; communications; multicultural awareness; personal growth and development; career and personal planning; interpersonal skills and independent living.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises Career Development staff.
- Ensures that all OMS Standards directly under management are met and in compliance with the National Office goals of the Center.
- Reviews weekly, monthly, and annual reports and verifies accuracy. Screens and monitors placement information. Evaluates performance of staff.
- Establishes and maintains close communication with the Deputy Center Director and administrative staff.
- Secures job leads, assists in relocation activities.
- Coordinates Job Fair, Career Days and Military Days.
- Assists in preparation of and maintains department budget.
- Ensures that Career Development Offices have adequate supplies and equipment.
- Meets with staff regularly as needed at all remote sites.
- Projects statistical information and establishes upcoming year goals.
- Evaluates and seeks trends in relation to labor market information.
- Develops Comprehensive Plan on a yearly basis.
- Assists in the coordination of linkages and leads.
- Attends WIA and Local Board meetings as assigned.
- Provides orientation regarding Job Corps to external resources.
- Keeps staff informed regarding changes in the program.
- Trains and cross-trains staff.
- Visits agencies, business, and other job-related resources.
- Assists in job development activities.
- Attends training seminars and conferences to keep abreast of changes and trends.
- Promotes activities geared toward employability.
- Monitors statistical reports to evaluate and assess weaknesses and strengths and works with corporate office on implementation of strategies.
- Establishes individual performance standards to evaluate CDSS staff effectiveness.
- Ensures case documentation is up-to-date and available for Department of Labor and Corporate audits.
- Chairs, organizes, and tracks student Performance Evaluation Panels.
- Ensures CDSS staff conducts weekly meetings with Student Government to determine student needs. Provides input and make mental health referrals, as necessary.
- Ensures departmental equal employment and affirmative action goals and objectives are met.
- Interviews and selects staff. Prepares and conducts performance evaluations.
- Attends required staff training sessions.
- Clearly communicates and consistently models appropriate CSS and employability skills including personal responsibility and computer fluency.
- Maintains accountability of staff, students, and property, adheres to safety practices in all areas of responsibility.
- Cultivates and maintains a climate on center that is free of harassment, intimidation, and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in such a position.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in rehabilitation counseling, career counseling, psychology, or work-related field. Two years of experience, one year in a supervisory capacity.
- Prefer Job Corps experience.
- Valid State driver’s license in the state of employment with acceptable driving record.
Additional Requirements: Sound knowledge of counseling, including employment counseling, and supervisory techniques. Ability to communicate effectively and establish rapport with trainee population. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to obtain and maintain CPR/First Aid certification. Good organizational skills. Ability to inspire and motivate staff. Position requires an ability to operate office equipment. In addition, individual must be able to interact with team members and maintain an effective working relationship with all facility staff and departments.
Working Conditions: This position involves frequent sitting and occasional standing, walking, bending, stooping, and squatting. Applicant must be able to see, hear, and speak.
Environmental Demands: Position requires ability to spend 5% of work time outside and 95% of work time indoors; ability to withstand moderate noise levels, including voice levels 90% of work time; ability to work in high temperature settings during the summer months; and ability to work in low temperature settings in winter months.
Eckerd wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education, advancement, and the chance to contribute to business objectives. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance | 19 days of Paid Time Off the first year | 9 paid holidays | Retirement savings plan with employer match up to 5% | Flexible spending accounts | Paid short-term and long-term disability | Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance | Voluntary term life insurance
Make more than a Living, Make a Difference
Headquartered in Clearwater, Florida, and founded in 1968 by philanthropists, Jack and Ruth Eckerd, Eckerd Connects is one of the largest national nonprofit child and family service organizations in the United States. Eckerd provides a full continuum of life-changing behavioral health, child welfare services, and workforce development through multiple offices and facilities nationwide that strengthen families, assist young adults, and help children succeed.
Eckerd Youth Alternatives, Inc. ('Eckerd Connects') considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Eckerd Connects is a drug-free workplace and utilizes E-verify to confirm employment eligibility.