University Health System is one of the largest employers in San Antonio. We are a nationally recognized teaching hospital and consistently recognized as a leader in advanced treatment options, new technologies and clinical research. Our mission is to improve the good health of the community through high quality compassionate patient care, innovation, education and discovery. We are currently looking for an Electrician to join our facilities team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company with a reputation for exceptional service and patient care.
What you will do:
- Checks, repairs, and modifies the power distribution equipment and ancillary lines, performing tests to assure proper functioning.
- Dismantles equipment and/or building materials to gain access required for the accomplishment of job, reassembling upon completion.
- Installs, inspects, tests, repairs or replaces and maintains: wiring and conduit, power circuits, switches, controls, lights, fuses, resistors, motors and components.
What we require:
- High school graduation or equivalent and a minimum of a Journeyman License from the City of San Antonio or State of Texas is required
- One year as a hospital electrician preferred.
- A valid Texas State driver's license 'Class C' and must maintain a clean Motor Vehicle Record.
Why you should apply:
- Advancement opportunities
- Generous benefits packages and pet insurance
- Flexible hours and paid time off
- We are ranked as one of the best hospitals in South Texas