ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct supervision for all professional and office staff in designated area.
- Provides direct supervision for all house managers, as applicable in each area.
- Provides direct supervision of Residential Coordinator and/or Program Manager, as applicable in each area.
- Oversight of the hiring of all staff for the area, assuring adequate staffing to meet office and home needs within established organization budgetary guidelines.
- Assures that all staff hired meet organizational requirements for their positions, and oversees that appropriate training is provided for all staff
- Coordinating, investigating and resolving staff grievances and/or complaints with corporate office assistance, as needed.
- Works with professional staff and house managers to assure consumers’ individual needs are addressed.
- Advocate on behalf of consumers, as needed.
- Responding to, investigating and resolving consumer complaints and concerns received from families, guardians and legally authorized representatives.
- Oversees consumer trust fund activities, including trust fund requests and tracking and maintaining consumer receipts,
- Works with Placement Team to assure census is consistent, and placements are appropriate.
- Maintaining and promoting contacts with local referral sources and related agencies to promote placement opportunities within the Company.
- Works with all staff to assure quality assurance standards are consistently met.
- Must be available to respond to crisis calls and respond in a timely and reasonable manner
- Liaison with state agency representatives, including but not limited to state investigators, and state surveyors.
- Receiving notifications, responding and coordinating state initiated investigations related to allegations of abuse, neglect, exploitation of consumers and any other consumer incident and/or issue.
- Assure maintenance system is effective in maintaining the safety and appearance of homes and office space, and company vehicles.
- Conduct at least one (1) unannounced visit at each program site monthly, including Foster Care homes.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent the Company in a professional manner in dealing with consumers, family members, guardians, and other outside professionals.
- Any other duties, as assigned.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the job as described in the essential duties and responsibilities sections including; walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, sitting, reaching overhead and lifting up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to safely lift, transport, and transfer consumers, which may include but not be limited to lifting and transferring in and out of a bathtub, vehicle, bed or wheelchair, as appropriate and needed to assist with the consumer’s assisted daily living skills.
- College degree or equivalent experience in related field.
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a supervisory and/or management position.
- 3 years experience in planning and providing direct services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Excellent communication, organizational, problem solving and analytical skills and ability is required.
- Ability to handle and organize multiple tasks and projects simultaneous.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Must have the ability to deal tactfully with others, exercise good judgment, effectively communicate, understand and follow instructions, and express ideas in a professional manner.
- Maintain valid driver’s license and meet D&S’ driver eligibility requirements.
- Acceptable driving record and background check.
- Able to pass all required training.