Job Summary: The Forensic Re-entry Case Manager will have extensive knowledge of case coordination and care management practices. Responsible for understanding the overarching contract for position, implementing protocols and collection of data/reporting. The following duties will apply:
1. Facilitate access to community-based services including, substance use disorder treatment, mental health treatment and primary care treatment to clients before and after release from jail.
- Provide screening, assessment and referral services before and after release from jail.
- Facilitate warm handoff to needed services and will continue to monitor engagement.
- Facilitate access to Care Management services before and after release from jail.
- Facilitate access to eligible and needed government assistance programs.
- Facilitate application or recertification process with DSS and Medicaid if appropriate in order to reduce disruption in benefits for inmates as they reenter the community.
- Assist client in addressing child support and care needs upon their release.
- Improve the housing status of clients leaving jail.
- Provide all necessary referrals to existing housing services within the community to assist in moving clients into safe, permanent housing.
- Improve employment status of clients leaving jail.
- Work with clients to identify educational/vocational goals and objectives.
- Work with clients before and after release to connect with service providers in the community who can offer continuing education and vocational training opportunities.
- Increase client’s connections to family and community.