Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Per Diem Customer Service Representative at our Occupational Medicine clinic in Milwaukee, WI. The Customer Service Representative is responsible for general administrative tasks such as scheduling, reception, front end revenue cycle, and other physician office tasks. Additionally, the CSR is the point person for operations procedures for Receptionists and assigning and disseminating work. Upholds the highest standards in interaction with patients, their families and referring physicians and their staff.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!
- Greets patients; performs check in tasks including arriving patients in the electronic medical record, instructing patients on completion of paperwork, verifying patients' insurance if applicable, obtaining copies of patient identification and outside records.
- Collects copayments, coinsurance, and self-pay payments; documents payments in practice management system, prepares day-end batches according to policies and procedures, and reconciles payments taken with reports.
- Completes end-of-day tasks, including running applicable reports, identifying no-show patients and communicating with appropriate personnel, completing daily batching tasks, and other office close procedures.
- Answers, routes, transfers, and retrieves phone calls and messages as required.
- Ensures referrals and outside records have been obtained prior to service
- Communicates with Medical Assistants to ensure efficient patient flow through the office and proper documentation of visits.
- Answers multiple phone lines, ensuring quality and customer service for all callers.
- Schedules appointments according to scheduling guidelines. Adheres to urgent and add-on patient visit guidelines and communicates such visits to clinical staff per office protocols. Confirms appointments prior to patient visit if applicable.
- Prepares daily charts and maintains medical files and electronic medical records.
- Scans outside reports, results, and labs into the appropriate sections of the electronic medical record.
- Maintains and orders office supplies. Assures all items ordered are received and follows up on incomplete orders.
- Assists manager in gathering data for various reports.
- Assists physician(s) with daily needs.
- Coordinates patient documentation for billing with business office.
- Interfaces with referring offices in obtaining referrals when needed.
- Opens, sorts, and records receipt date of mail; forwards bills and invoices promptly to manager; forwards correspondence from hospital medical staff office or insurance companies promptly to manager, and performs other general office duties as needed
- Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may uses resources available through other departments such as Legal, HR, and Compliance
- Functions as the primary trainer for Receptionists.
- Maintains office policy and procedure reference guides and ensures all administrative procedures are followed with regard to scheduling, reception, and other job-specific tasks.
- Answers questions and serve as a resource for Receptionists .
- Provides inservices to administrative and clinical staff on relevant topics.
- Serves as a first point of contact for patient concerns, questions and customer service inquires. Discusses payment arrangements as allowed within Sheridan policy and documents accordingly, or promptly refers patient to office manager as required by policy.
- Obtains authorizations and referrals for patient visits per office protocol, if applicable.
- Coordinates patient flow through the front office; communicates with clinical staff and physicians to optimize patient throughput.
- Works with manager to develop and incorporate practice goals into the office.
- Gives feedback and input to manager for performance reviews, corrective actions, and rewards and recognition for receptionists.
- Coordinates call outs and vacation coverage of assigned staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for adhering to Information Security Policies and ensuring Envision is as secure as possible.
- Good organizational skills
- Communicate and work well in a team environment
- Follow up in a timely manner on open items
- Able to effectively prioritize work on a daily basis
- Experience working in a high call volume environment a plus
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Two or more years of related experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills are a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Electronic Medical Record systems- eClinicalworks
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes full Medical, Dental and Vision benefits effective on your first day of employment. A company matching 401 K, tuition reimbursement, company paid Life Insurance and Long-term Disability, as well as generous PTO and Paid Holidays
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visitwww.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.