KVC Kansas is looking for energetic, positive, caring professionals to join our team. If you are looking for a rewarding career and a compassionate, flexible work environment – KVC is the place for you!
People matter, and that’s why we exist. By providing in-home family support, therapeutic services, foster care and adoption case management, substance abuse treatment and psychiatric care, KVC touches the lives of over 60,000 children and families each year.
The Family Service Coordinator will:
- assist in the continued goals of the organization to build a child welfare system that is safe, secure, and family centered. KVC relies heavily on community connections and evidence-based practice to provide outstanding care to children and families.
- participate in the recruitment, training, and licensing of foster family homes
- provide ongoing support to foster families caring for children in foster care through in-home visits and frequent contact with foster parents
- acquire or develop resources needed by foster families to provide excellent care for children
- demonstrate experience in working with children and families, superior organization and time management skills and professionalism.
- maintain accurate and timely documentation of all interactions with clients. Strong computer skills are necessary to maintain documentation in KVC’s proprietary software
- testify in court hearings and provide written updates to cases with court supervision
Due to the unique needs of the families we serve, this role does not have a predictable schedule. KVC staff have the flexibility to manage their own time to create a positive work-life balance, but there will be evening and weekend work required as well as significant travel time to visit families in their homes. Mileage reimbursement is provided for all company travel.
KVC provides a competitive compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans; nine paid holidays and additional paid time off; 403(b) employee contribution retirement plan and profit sharing plan.
- Bachelor’s in social work, addictions counseling OR a master’s degree in social work, mental health/rehabilitation counseling, counseling psychology, marriage and family therapy, psychology.
- Ability to obtain a temporary or full licensure with the Kansas Behavioral Science Regulatory Board (ksbsrb.ks.org) within the first 90 days of employment if hired.
KVC offers assistance with obtaining licensure including providing study materials for the exam and covering licensure application and renewal fees.