$27,000 - $30,000 a year
We are looking for a Finance Coordinator to join our Finance department! This position performs a variety of duties that relate to processing billing and payroll for multiple locations.
This is a full-time salary position. Finance Coordinator must be able to accommodate flexible hours, Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM and some late nights and weekends.
- Collect, calculate and enter data, thereby maintaining payroll information
- Ensure reports are balanced and records are properly maintained
- Ensure regular update of payroll information by making entering such as change in exemptions deductions and other payroll items
- Operate and examine payroll register and reports to detect possible errors for correction
- Assist with providing company policies and benefits at weekly orientations
- Provide agencies of state and federal governments needed payroll and billing information
- Perform semi-monthly billing and payroll processing for several franchise locations
- Responsible for taking collections and posting payments correctly
- Weekly filing of open AP and paid AP for both locations
- Filing VA and long-term care insurance claims
- Assist with client’s close out processes and procedures
- Provide appropriate answers to clients and employee questions
- Provide solutions to invoices with problem by carrying out relevant investigation
- Create several reports using Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ensure company and staff information is kept confidential to protect payroll operations and win the confidence of employees
- Ensure all incoming and outgoing mails are processed
- Errands to banks, post office, etc. as needed
- Answer office phones and forward calls to different departments as needed
- Office Filing as needed
- May be asked to perform other duties that are important to the smooth running of the company
- Handle on-call duty on a regular basis and as directed by the Operations Director.
- Occasionally overnight travel may be required to work at our Columbia, SC location
- High School Diploma or its equivalent. A college degree is preferred.
- 2 years or more of accounting or bookkeeping experience (AR and AP) required
- Experience and proficient working with QuickBooks, as well as Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, Excel and MS Word
- Expert knowledge of all state and federal human resources laws, including wage and tax laws
- 1 year or more of Management experience preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of management and employees
- Proficient working under pressure and independently, with the ability to work on multiple tasks together without losing attention to details
- Ability to comprehend and execute a set of instructions correctly; be creative in finding solutions to problems and be accommodating to new ideas.
- Paid Time Off
- Six Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance through AFLAC (Dental, Life, Cancer, Short-term disability, etc.)
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Each Home Instead Senior Care franchise is independently owned and operated.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.