Responsible for greeting patients, answering phones, processing a variety of paperwork, processing check in/check out, collecting co-pay and payments; and performing other various front office duties in a fast paced, customer -oriented, clinical environment.
- Greets patients arriving for appointments in a prompt, courteous and professional manner.
- Verifies completeness of required patient forms including: name, demographics, insurance and primary care provider.
- Directs patients to appropriate waiting areas as indicated by the schedule.
- Verifies insurance eligibility.
- Collects co-pays and other payments as required.
- Makes follow-up appointments, provides departing patients an appointment card with appropriate information, confirms by verbalizing the date, time, provider and location of the next appointment.
- Keeps patients informed of wait times and communicates with provider or assistant accordingly.
- Fill in at phone room as needed.
- Reviewing and checking encounters for missed charges.
- Helping out with other billing projects.
- Able to work well with co-workers and supervisors.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Respectful of patients, physicians, all employees and vendors.
- Possesses a high integrity, neat and clean appearance of one's self.
- Provides service excellence in every way.
- Understand the ethics of confidentiality.
- 2+ years of front desk/Admin exp.
- Previous Office training.
- Basic computer skills.