Paradise Valley Estates, a premier Continuing Care Retirement Community, located in Fairfield, CA, is looking for an intermittent Resident Services Nurse. A valid California LVN/RN License is required for this position.
The Resident Services LVN/RN is responsible for the implementation of the Wellness and Home care Departments, which includes Employee Health, Resident Health, and Home Health. Candidate provides care to residents and staff in a caring, safe and efficient manner, and is responsible to perform the following according to Paradise Valley Estates' mission, campus standards, procedures and individualized resident's functional living assessment tool:
- Charting and Documentation:
- Charts all accidents/incidents involving a resident. Follows established procedures.
- Charts nurses' notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the person, as well as the resident's response to the care.
- Completes and files required record keeping forms and charts.
- Receives telephone orders from physicians and records on the Physicians' Order Form.
- Transcribes physician's orders to resident charts, medication sheets, and treatment.
- Signs and dates all entries made in the resident's medical record.
- Works with Resident Services Manager to develop assignments for the Resident Care Services team.
- Assures that team members, residents, and visitors follow the established policies and procedures at all times.
- Meets with assigned CNA's on a regularly scheduled basis, to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or the improvement of services.
- Gives or receives the report upon starting and ending shift duty hours.
- Prepares and administers medications as ordered by the physician. Supervises residents who may self-administer medications.
- Orders prescribe medication, supplies, and equipment as necessary, and in accordance with established policies.
- Ensures that narcotic records are accurate.
- Disposes of drugs and narcotics as required, and in accordance with established procedures.
- Notifies the attending physician of automatic stop orders prior to the last dosage being administered.
- Reviews medication sheets for completeness of information, accuracy in the transcription of the physician's order, and adherence to stop order policies.
- Notifies the Resident Services Director of all drug and narcotic discrepancies noted on assigned shift.
- Maintains the confidential health records of each PVE team member.
- Performs pre-employment health tests: physical, urine drug screening, and TB screening under the direction of the Medical Director and Resident Services Manager.
- Performs annual physicals and TB screening on all PVE team members.
- Notifies Human Resources on a regular basis of every team member who has completed their annual physical and TB screen.
- Administers first aid to any injured team member in need and makes the appropriate referrals for off-site medical care.
- Records the proper documentation per policy for any injured team member and forwards to Human Resources.
- Purchases equipment and supply needs.
- Monitors procedures to ensure that supplies are used in an efficient manner to avoid waste.
- Notifies the resident's attending physician when the resident is involved in an accident or incident.
- Participates in the orientation of new residents and family members to PVE.
- Carries out restorative and rehabilitative programs, to include self-help and care.
- Notifies the resident's attending physician and next of kin when there is a change in the resident's condition.
- Consults with the resident's physician in providing the resident's care, treatment, rehabilitation, etc.
- Obtains sputum, urine and other lab test as ordered.
- Takes and records TPRs, blood pressure, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in joining a dynamic, energetic team, send your resume and cover letter. You may also apply at http://pvestates.com/careers/, or fax your resume to 707-402-6696. EOE/M/F/V/D
ABOUT PARADISE VALLEY ESTATES:
Located on more than 68 acres, Paradise Valley Estates is one the largest employers in Fairfield, California. Paradise Valley Estates is CARF accredited, certified as a Great Place To work, and is also a recipient of the Gold Pinnacle Award from NuStep, a national award that recognizes top senior living communities that excel in whole-person wellness programming and promote active living for seniors. The Paradise Valley Estates gated campus boasts a diverse mix of team members from dinning services associates to healthcare service providers to security and even our own maintenance crew.
- Remote interview process
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place