POSITION: Registered Nurse (RN)
REPORTS TO: Director of Patient Services
A Registered Nurse administers skilled nursing care to patients on an intermittent basis in their place of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Director of Clinical Services / Nursing Supervisor.
- Performs the initial evaluation visit and regularly reevaluates the patient’s nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions.
- Performs services in accordance with the plan of care.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes for each patient visit and summaries of care conferences on his/her patients in a timely manner as per Agency policy.
- Coordinates services.
- Counsels the patient and family/significant others in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Participates in and presents in-service programs.
- Processes orders and notifies physician of patient needs and changes in condition.
- Completes certification/recertification order and discharge summaries.
- Supervises and teaches other nursing personnel.
- Conducts patient care conferences on patient assigned to his/her care.
- Is available for on-call duty nights, weekends and holidays, as assigned.
Our work environment includes office, patient’s residence, which includes traveling time.
- Rn’s are supervised by the Director of Clinical Services/Nursing Supervisor
- Rn’s supervise Licensed Practical Nurses and Home Health Aides