With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
This senior role will lead policy and government affairs for Seqirus in the US market, supporting the success of the business and achieving multi-stakeholder goals for improved influenza prevention and pandemic preparedness. The role will drive an influenza policy agenda at Federal and State levels building strong stakeholder networks and leading broad policy engagement based on shared public health interests. It will also be responsible for identifying strategic policy risks and opportunities, and providing trusted analysis, insights and recommended strategies to Seqirus teams. The role will be a dedicated and proactive partner to the US Commercial and Pandemic Leadership Teams and work closely with the medical affairs, research and communications teams. It will build and lead the Seqirus US policy & government affairs team, contribute to global vaccine policy and public affairs strategies and be a strong collaborator with Seqirus CSL policy & government affairs team members.
- Leads strategies in the US market to secure policy outcomes and funding that support continued growth across our seasonal and pandemic businesses and advance our innovation agenda.
- Identifies and analyses strategic policy risks and opportunities, providing policy insights and solutions to Seqirus business partners and leadership teams.
- Builds strong relationships with key US policy stakeholders including Congress, the White House, federal agencies (BARDA, CDC, NIH, FDA, DOD, CMS etc), coalitions, KOLs and advocacy groups.
- Drives an influenza policy agenda within major US trade bodies and advocacy groups, leading influenza working groups and coordinating cross-functional participation as required.
- Serves as the key point of contact and public face of Seqirus in senior government interactions and policy forums, facilitating engagement with CSL and Seqirus leadership as appropriate.
- Drives the US grants process to foster research, evidence-based programs and education that support our policy ambitions and strengthen our stakeholder network.
- Oversees the compliant development of relevant submissions, position papers and policy materials tailored to the US environment, facilitating input from internal experts.
- Oversees the management of activities of contract lobbyists and ensures accurate and timely compliance with all lobbying-related reporting requirements.
- Contributes to the global policy and government affairs strategies, participating in global team meetings and ensuring collaboration and alignment within Seqirus and CSL policy teams
- Ensures collaboration with the Communications team to amplify policy messaging and contribute content for use in Seqirus-owned internal and external platforms and channels.
- Bachelor’s degree; J.D. or other relevant advanced degree preferred; Preferred discipline in science and/or a Master’s degree in political science, public policy, public health or MBA/JD would be an advantage.
- Minimum 12+ years’ experience in public affairs, policy and government affairs roles in the vaccines sector, preferably in large, complex organizations and/or in executive/legislative branches/agencies of government.
- Additional experience in trade bodies and advocacy groups would be advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior leaders, collaborate across a matrixed organization and drive outstanding commercial results through effective policy strategies.
- Deep knowledge and nuanced understanding of the US vaccines landscape and related political affairs, the US healthcare environment, and the workings of US policy and political systems.
- Strategic and innovative thinker. Strong business acumen and the ability to quickly grasp and act on complex and multi-dimensional issues that have the potential to impact Seqirus.
- Strong science and/or immunization knowledge with experience in applying technical understanding and evidence to positively influence stakeholders and policies outcomes.
- Well-established relationships and networks with key decision makers and influential stakeholders across all levels of government and within the broader vaccine ecosystem.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with the ability to effectively represent and speak on behalf of Seqirus in high level meetings and in public relations.
- Proven ability to build and inspire lean, high-performing teams and to identify and cultivate talent.