Who is Comprehensive Healthcare?
Comprehensive Healthcare provides innovative behavioral health and integrated healthcare services to clients of all ages. We take pride in our creative and collaborative work environment and in delivering clinically excellent, trauma-informed, recovery-oriented services.
What are we looking for in a Health Information Management Team Leader?
The Health Information Management Team Leader is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day duties of the Health Information Management (HIM) department. The HIM department is responsible for all functions related to our clients’ medical records and confidentiality. The HIM team processes records, transcribes provider notes, scans and abstracts records, executes all releases of information, submits legal documentation, and conducts audits & investigations. In addition to supervising HIM staff, the HIM Team Leader also serves as Comprehensive’s Privacy Officer, conducts confidentiality & HIPAA training for staff, and works with leadership to support quality improvement and make recommendations to increase efficiency & privacy. To be successful in this role, the HIM Team Leader should have a strong background in HIPAA and medical records as well as experience managing a team.
Health Information Management Team Leader duties may include:
- supervising HIM staff, providing direction and coaching, and ensuring day-to-day HIM operations are running smoothly
- developing and conducting HIPAA, health information, and confidentiality training for all levels of Comprehensive staff
- responding to internal and external requests for client records & information
- preparing reports, monitoring efficiency, and making recommendations to leadership on areas for improvement in the health records systems
- serving as liaison between staff and Attorneys General offices for court hearings
- coordinating with the Information Services department to provide data and client records to quality improvement and auditing functions
- developing and updating policies & procedures regarding health information
- Associate degree in Health Information Technology or related field
- Three years of experience in medical records or health information management, with at least one year of experience as a supervisor
- One year of experience working with an electronic health record (EHR)
- Proficient in the protection of PHI in accordance with HIPAA and 42CFR Part 2
- Preferred: RHIT or RHIA credential
What Comprehensive Healthcare Can Offer You
Training and Development
- A variety of career opportunities in a wide range of settings with room for mobility and promotion
- Regular training opportunities including support, supervision, and consultation in implementing evidence-based services and programs
Innovative Program & Services
- A strong reputation for providing quality, evidence-based services within a collaborative multi-disciplinary team environment
- Innovative, forward-looking leadership that seeks to thrive in an ever-changing healthcare environment
- Joint Commission-accredited organization committed to continuous quality improvement
- Established partnerships with major research universities and other community and healthcare providers to implement cutting-edge treatment programs and services
- Competitive salaries within our communities and industry
- Healthcare coverage for employee and qualified family members
- Generous vacation, paid holiday and sick leave policies
- Access to Employee Assistance Program services
- Agency-funded retirement plan with contributions equal to 5% of compensation
- Additional retirement investment opportunities with a 50% investment match of up to 4% of compensation
- Agency-funded life and disability insurance program
Comprehensive Healthcare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. We value the diverse perspectives and strengths that our employees bring to the workplace and we encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply for our positions. The Human Resources department gladly offers accommodations and assistance for the application and interview process; please contact us at (509) 575-4084 to make arrangements.