ProPath, one of the largest completely physician owned pathology practices in the country, seeks a Histotechnologist to join our thriving practice. This position is based at our 85,000 square foot campus and corporate office in Dallas. ProPath is a nationally recognized practice founded in 1966 and has nearly 50 physicians and PhD’s on the team.
Days: Monday - Friday
Time: 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Our Histotechnologist are responsible for performing routine and non-routine fixing, embedding, mounting, microtomy and staining of tissue sections for microscopic evaluation by pathologist for the establishment and confirmation of patient diagnosis.
- Orient specimens properly while embedding at departmental rate.
- Cut and mount paraffin sections at departmental rate. To include, routine, deepers, recuts and special stains.
- Coverslip slides using the automatic coverslipper or by manual methods.
- Routinely check and verify, using block/slide tracking system, case numbers match blocks and slides.
- Assist in filing blocks and engraving slides as needed.
- Accurately evaluate specimen orders and enter clinical data/information into a variety of computer systems (i.e. order entry and/or results). Identify any missing or invalid data entry information and take the appropriate action to correct.
- Perform technical and non-technical procedures required to process and submit patient specimens for analysis.
- Operate automated and semi-automated equipment, such as stainers and processors according to standard operating procedures.
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of routine H&E staining utilizing the theories and principles
- Effectively communicate deficiencies to appropriate personnel, including deficiencies related to specimens, slides, paperwork, database information, and equipment.
EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE:
High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates or Bachelors of Science degree and completion of histotechnology program preferred. Certification as a histotechnician (HT) or histotechnologist (HTL) by American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) preferred.
1-year of experience as a histotech or training in histologic technique is preferred but, new graduates are welcome. Prefer HT or HTL (ASCP) certification or eligible.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
Performs repetitive or routine duties working from written procedures with controls. Must have the ability to establish work priorities and to handle several tasks for maximum workstation efficiency. Operate and troubleshoot complex automated equipment.
ProPath offers employees a full benefits package that includes: medical, dental, a matched 401K plan and much more!
Don’t Follow the Leader! Join the Leader!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)